001.

CHAPTER I—
PROBLEMS WITHIN.

CASSIDY BLAIRE LEANT HER HEAD BACK against the cold leather of the couch she was sat on, her eyes closed in bliss and her body in euphoric relaxation as she listened to the music softly playing around her

CASSIDY BLAIRE LEANT HER HEAD BACK against the cold leather of the couch she was sat on, her eyes closed in bliss and her body in euphoric relaxation as she listened to the music softly playing around her. She was in the uttermost bliss that she had felt in a long time, a smile displayed proudly on her lips.

Rafe Cameron dropped down besides her and lifted her legs, setting them atop of his own as his cold hands dropped onto her bare skin. At the movement of her position, Cassidy peered at him with one open eye and grinned, clinking her red solo cup against his as the two of them drank in unison.

She glanced across the room, her eyes settling on the mirrored position of her bestfriend on the opposite seat. Sarah Cameron had her own legs tossed over her boyfriend, Topper Thornton's, his left hand on her thigh and his right holding his phone as he typed quickly on the screen.

Sarah gave Cassidy a small smile and her attention then dropped back down to the menu on her lap, her fingers tracing over the words as her eyes followed the movement in which she was making. She stopped on some food that Cassidy wouldn't see and looked up and around the group of friends.

"We could get just chicken fingers—"

"Let's get crab legs," Cassidy cut her off with a yawn and leaned towards the table to refill her cup, her body falling momentarily until Rafe grabbed her and pulled her back towards him, his arm falling over her shoulders.

"Crab legs sound good," he spoke on the matter, looking towards Topper who nodded in agreement and pulled out his phone to order. He gently moved Sarah's legs off of his and made his way out of the room, his voice lessening in volume until he was no longer heard.

Cassidy stood up from her spot and brushed away the wrinkles on her skirt, looking down at Rafe who's face held a small frown. "I'm just going to the bathroom," she giggled, stepping over his legs as she too made her way down the hallway and soon disappeared out of sight.

Rafe met his sisters eyes and scoffed at the frown on her face, turning to instead shift his focus on Kelce Adams. His friend grinned and jumped up, dropping into the seat that Cassidy had given up as he bumped Rafe's shoulder roughly.

"She's so not into you," Kelce taunted and laughed loudly, bumping Rafe's shoulder again to try and get him to join in but his own laughter fell short at the look on the blonde boys face.

Anyone who knew the group personally knew that Rafe Cameron had been in love with Cassidy Blaire for as long as they could remember. He had always been at her beck and call without so much of a whisper of complaint and he would have it no other way.

In his eyes, Cassidy was the only girl that he would ever deem fit to marry into his own family and that much was agreed upon from the day he had told his father of his deepest thoughts.