The Patient

Hi, My name is Katie Pullman, and I wanted to share a story with all you lovely people.

I moved to Wales when I was 11, Just before the holidays finished and I started secondary school. I went in on the first day, knowing absolutely no one. One girl spotted me though. She was rather pretty. Average height, pale skin, strawberry blonde hair in a pixie cut, pale blue eyes. Nothing looked out of the ordinary, but kids whispered and giggled as she walked past them, trying to ignore them. I didn't know what was so different about her. She stuck out her hand, and I accepted, shaking her hand. She then introduced herself, and I saw what made her different. "Hell-lo! I'm Hannah! N-nice to meet you!" She said, her right eye twitching a little. I just stared for a moment, then introduced my self. 

Later on at break, Hannah was sitting on her own outside, so I sat with her. She seemed very happy about that, and explained to me that she had Chronic Tic Disorder, which she was diagnosed with age 9. She told me about her home life too. She had no parents. Her father died from lung cancer before she was born, and her mother died in labour. She was being raised by her older sister, who she thought the world of. She invited me round to join her for dinner too, so I sent my mum a text, and she said I could, and even sleep over if I wanted, as she was glad I made a friend.

At Lunch, we sat back outside in our spot under the trees, eating our lunch and just chatting. We discovered that we both LOVED mythology, so we talked a lot about that. She was very intelligent. However, a group of older boys burst our little bubble, picking on Hannah for her eye twitch and stutter. She tried to act like she didn't care, but I could tell that she did. I stood off and told then to piss off. This only made it worse, so I grabbed her hand we moved. 

After school, we were walking to her house when those boys appeared again, this time though, the leader was equip with a pocket knife. I tried to get in the way, but was pushed aside. He grabbed Hannah by her wrists and pinned her up against a wall, cutting an X over her right eye. He let her go and laughed, along with the other boys as Hannah put her hand over her eye, crying in pain. I helped her up and had a look. I was horrified. I helped her walk the rest of the way, telling her that it would all be OK, which seemed to cheer her up a bit.

We got to her place, and an equally pretty woman as Hannah come running out, looking very worried and a little scared. I could tell she was her sister, as they had the same eyes, but the older girl had dirty blonde hair, not strawberry blonde. She saw what the boys did and was fuming, and also very worried. She introduced herself as Flora, and she led us inside, were she patched Hannah up. After that, we had a perfect evening. Flora was an amazing cook, and she cooked us spaghetti, which is my favourite! We watched movies, and Hannah lent me a pair of pyjamas.

Time passed and we only got closer, eventually being friends with benefits, and her place was like my second home. The bullying continued, but it didn't bother us much. However, the X over her eye scarred, never disappearing. She didn't seem to bothered by it though. Her positive out look on everything has always amazed me. However, she was never one to like doctors, but we didn't know why. She just didn't like the quack.

We moved out of our homes and into a dorm in a university, were we both studied to become doctors. However, in our first year, Hannah got very ill. She was having awful coughing fits and coughing up blood, and got very weak, so I took her to the hospital.

They did lots of scans and tests, and came to an awful result. Hannah had lung cancer. She started tearing up, so I gave her a hug to comfort her. Her treatment started right away, and it wasn't long before she was going to have surgery to cure it.

Now, I had noticed that Hannah acted a bit odd over the years. She had a very dark sense of humour, and took a great interest in things like executions, torture and murder, but I thought nothing of it. I should have done something. I should have seen the signs that she needed mental help and done something, but I was too niave to realise.

The surgeon doing the operation, newby Doctor Gyneal, Botched the operation. He removed more than what was needed to be removed.However, what needed to be gone was gone, which is what mattered most.

Hannah woke up and was told what happened. Her eye started twitching like mad, and the look in her eyes changed to something I had never seen before, but I didn't know what it was. She started shouting that she was going to kill Doctor Gyneal and the other staff who were there at the time of the operation, and explained how in an unsettling amount of detail. A nurse came up to her with a syringe with some kind of liquid in it, but Hannah batted it out of her hand, knocking it onto the floor. Doctor Gyneal told us all to leave and give her space. 

As I was about to leave the hospital while Hannah was asleep, I head a noise. I followed it. Big mistake. I saw Hannah, standing over Doctor Gyneal's body, covered in his blood, the syringe from earlier dripping in it. He had been stabbed several times in the jugular, and had a X carved over his right eye, just like Hannah. She turned to me and said something that sent shivers down my spine. "Oo-oops! Someone forgot th-their meds t-today~" I don't know what she became, but she certainly wasn't Hannah anymore. At least, not the Hannah I knew.

She saw a nurse behind me and lunged at her, stabbing her in the jugular with the syringe, and carved an X over her right eye. She stepped back and let out a slightly raspy and stuttery laugh, right eye twitching like mad. I saw that the nurse she just killed was the one who tried to inject her with something earlier with that very syringe that Hannah had now killed two people with. 

I ran. I ran and ran, my heart in my throat, fleeing for my life. Doctors and nurses were trying to get a hold of Hannah, all of them getting killed in the same way. They eventually started getting everyone out the building to avoid them becoming potential victims to Hannah's wraith.

I stood outside, tears streaming down my face as I panted from running. My best friend was in there, laughing, covered in blood that wasn't her own. Insane.

I'm now 27 and moved back to my old neighbourhood from when I was 11. No success has been found in locating and controlling Hannah. However, she has been leaving her hiding place and killing doctors, Stabbing them in the jugular with her syringe and carving an X over their right eye, then writing on the wall in her victims' blood 'Oops! Someone forgot their meds today', signed with 'The Patient'.

She was last seen near were we lived when we were in secondary school, and I'm very scared. Is she after me? If so, how will I make it out alive? Does she remember me?