Chapter 1

((Not my photo! Credit- @shotonumia on Twitter))

<6:50 am Monday>
A ball hit the ground, Hinata landed on his feet giving Kageyama a high five. "Nice kill!" Tanaka yelled with Noya as they jumped up in excitement. "That felt awesome!" Hinata exclaimed as he looked down at his hand that was slightly reddened from the spikes.

Kageyama set for Hinata a few more and they landed multiple quick attacks with ease. Daichi, Tsuki, and Noya practiced receives while Tanaka attempted to flirt with the team manager. Everyone looked at Noya as he yelled, "ROOOOLLLIINGGG THHHUNDDERRR" while doing his silly receive. The team laughed and continued with practice.

After about 40 more minutes it was almost time for school, which meant that practice was over. "Practice was great today everyone, any thoughts?" Daichi said smiling at his team mates. "How about Hinata and Kageyama work on something besides spikes and set." Tsuki said sarcastically under his breath. Kageyama glared at Tsuki and yelled "What was that?!" Hinata laughed as he looked over at Kageyama's dumb looking face.

Kageyama then turned his attention to Hinata. "What are you looking at shrimp?!" he yelled pushing Hinata before sitting back down with an even grumpier face. Daichi laughed at their antics and after some conversation let everyone out so they could start heading to class. Everyone changed in the locker room and chatted before they went their separate ways heading to home room.

<Home room>
Hinata stared out the window as per usual thinking about volleyball instead of paying attention. "Shōyō Hinata!" the teacher called snapping him back into reality. "Care to join us down here on earth?" the instructor said giving him a pointed look. "U-ugh yes..." he said nervously as some students in the room giggled.

Kageyama looked at Hinata and laughed at his embarrassment. He glanced down for a moment before flicking the note onto Hinata's desk. Hinata glanced a look at the teacher to ensure she was looking at the board before glaring at Kageyama and picking up the piece of paper. He opened it up and read it quietly to himself.

"Good job dumb a** pay attention in class!" hinata read off of the small piece of paper. He then balled up the note and threw it straight at Kageyama. The note sailed through the air and hit him square in the face before bouncing off onto the desk. He try to stifle a laugh as Kageyama shot a glare back at him. "I'm going to get you back!" Kageyama mouthed with a smirk before turning his attention back to the board. Class went on slowly after that and soon enough the school day was over.

<After school practice>
What the hell is he looking at? Hinata thought to himself as he put his practice shirt on, watching Kageyama glare at him out of the corner of his eye. Kageyama shook his head, I can't believe he threw the paper at my face, he's literally a tiny shrimp. He thought to himself.

"Kageyamaaaa!" the red-head in question yelled jumping onto the locker room bench. "Will you set for me?" he asked while jumping up and down on the bench. What the- why is he so happy? Kageyama thought to himself taking in the bright smile and light spirit that the other boy wore with pride. He looks kinda- wait w-what am I thinking stupid stupid. He's a silly little shrimp. The thought quickly left his mind as he pushed passed the red-head and made his way to the door. "Hey! What are you doing? Come and set for me silly." Hinata pestered with that bright smile still plastered on his face.

<after practice>
Hinata, Kageyama and the others walked together for a while but began to break off until only Hinata and Kageyama remained. "So what happened to getting me back?" Hinata questioned, trying and failing not to start laughing at the taller boy. "Shut up at least I'm not a shrimp. Shrimp!" He said looking down at the other. "I'm not a shrimp I'm 5'3 almost 5'4 thank you very much!" Hinata exclaimed jumping up to be face to face with the boy.