|tongue tied • topper|

first imagine for topper :)

make sure to comment if you want any other characters! i may only do john b, jj, and topper.

but requests are open!

"I think you should go to the pool party this weekend, (Y/n)." My father spoke, his eyes on his dazzling 24k gold watch.

I sighed to myself, wishing I could already leave this awful conversation. We were having breakfast, even though I was nowhere near hungry.

My mother sat across from me, unable to make eye contact with her own daughter. She knew that my relationship with both of them was very strained, but forcing me to hang out with Kooks?

No way.

"Dad..." I began, trying to find the proper excuse.

"(Y/n)-"

"I barely know any of them! Their all so- so stuck up." I breathed out.

My parents stared at me in awe. My mother tucked a piece of her flawlessly curled hair behind her ear, and my father glared at me.

He took in a deep breath, his glare faltering before looking at me with hard eyes.

"You will go. You are apart of this family and will do as I say until you no longer live under this roof. And that's final." He grounded out.

I could feel a knot in the back of my throat, but I quickly swallowed it down.

God, I hated him.

"Fine. I'll go." I said standing up, glaring even harder at the man I was forced to call father.

•••

The music was loud at the Kook party. The bass low enough to pop someone's eardrums. All I heard was laughter, beer chants, and explicit music in the background.

It was quite awful if I was being honest.

I had made some small talk, but not enough to have a full conversation, or actually be considered into one of the many female sororities.

"Yo, (Y/n)!" A voice yelled, making me fight the urge to make a run for it.

"Yeah?" I responded back.

It was Topper, surrounded by a few of his douchebag friends. I faked a smile and gently waved at him. He smirked to the guys, and left them to come sit by me.

"So, how are you?"

Terrible.

"I'm doing great."

"That's good." Topper grinned. His gaze on me was more gentle now that he was sitting closer to me. "Are you having fun?"

No, I've never been this bored in my life.

"Yeah! Party's great."

Topper nodded his head, a large smile on his smooth face. He seemed more quiet than usual,  awkward even.

"It's getting kinda loud, right?" He chuckled, running a hand through his hair. I nodded softly, observing him.

"Do you want to get out of here? I know a spot."

I debated on my answer, unsure if I could trust him. He was never this nice with me, or anyone for that matter.

"I don't really know, Topper. I'm not some hookup that you-"

"What? No! No, that's not what this is." He hurried out, his hands up in defense as he looked down at me.

"Are you sure? You said that kinda fast." I laughed.

Topper smiled at me again, his eyes warm. I wasn't sure why he was acting this way towards me but I didn't mind. In fact, I kind of liked this side of him.

"Do you want to go?" He spoke slowly, looking away from me this time. He seemed extra nervous now.

"Yeah-"

"C'mon man! Your missing all the fun!" Rafe interrupted, walking over to where we both sat.

I immediately looked down as Topper's eyes beamed at me. He seemed disappointed that our conversation, or possible date, was cut short.

"Yeah I know, Rafe." He began, his strong gaze still burning on the side of my cheek. "But I think I'm gonna head out for a little. You know, breath of fresh air."

I smiled softly at him, my eyes meeting his. He had a frown on his face, but it soon morphed into a dashing grin.

"Nah, bro. Get your ass up now!" Rafe yelled, earning a few other people to chime in on Topper to stay.

I heard him groan beside me, running a large hand across his face. He chuckled again, shaking his head no.

Before Topper had the chance to say anything, two of his friends grabbed a strong hold on his arms, lifting him up from beside me.

"What the fuck!" He yelled, clearly annoyed.

I let out a quiet breath, my eyebrows furrowing in disappointment. I guess I was really looking forward to hanging out with him.

"Hey, I'm gonna go home now." I said while standing up. "I'll see you around?"

Topper hastily pushed his friends off of him, his eyes pleading for me to stay. I couldn't though, it would be way too awkward now.

"Look, I'm sorry." He spoke, his eyebrows furrowed apologetically.

"I understand. We can just hang out another time." I smiled.

He nodded, but before I turned around, his eyes gazed over my face with a smirk.

"I'm gonna have to hold you to it!" He grinned, walking backwards towards the rest of the party.

"I promise, Topper."

i'm most likely going to make this a part two. so keep an eye out!