A Refresh

The warm water washed away the thoughts of yesterday, relaxing her stressed muscles and mind.

At night, nobody was coming in or out of the bathroom, not even Victoria made an appearance. No link to Kate's video was drawn on the mirror.

Max focused on the water, making it's way down the drain. Time seemed to behave in a similar manner, always flowing down the drain.

he scrubbed her hair, letting the soapy suds soak her scalp, she felt the grime as she ran her fingers through it. A slight sting tinged her eyes, but there were other things she was thinking about.

I still can't believe that he believed me, despite how insane it sounds. And how crazy I looked.

Max shuddered thinking about how she basically allowed herself to walk around campus looking like a zombie. She gasped when she'd looked in a mirror, her brown hair stuck up in some areas and was pressed down in others, matted from body grease. Her eyes were sunken, ringed with a dark circle.

She smiled, welcoming the warm water run down her face. She closed her eyes and allowed the shower to rain in her face before rubbing the excess water out of her eyes.

Warren is such a good guy, I should open up more about that week... but I don't know if I should, even about Kate's suicide... how well would he take that? She's his friend too.

She shook her head before washing herself down with a bar of soap.

When she was finished, Max dressed up in a clean set of pajamas and her doe tshirt. She approached the sink and resting her hands on the sides of the basin, looking at herself. The dark circles remained present, but only a proper amount of sleep can fix that.

The clean feeling was refreshing, her skin was relaxed and her neck didn't feel so stiff. She gazed into her own pupils in the mirror, her blue eyes were unchanged, besides the fatigued look.

Max sighed, thinking about sleeping again. She wasn't prepared to enter her subconscious mind, what horrors it may have stored away for her to discover. But she needed some proper rest.
She wrapped herself up in a dry towel and slung the wet one over her shoulder before grabbing her supplies. Exiting the bathroom, the hall was surprisingly quiet for a Friday night. Murmurs escaped through the thin walls, but they didn't bother her.

Going back into her room, she felt uncomfortable with the pure darkness surrounding her. She flipped on her hanging lights and turned the dimmer down, so they gave off a slight glow rather than project the light.

The fan continously spun, drawing the cool evening air into her room. She looked briefly at her guitar, thinking about playing something.

She shook her head, she didn't quite feel like making any music. Instead, she basked in the silence.

Nope, you need to sleep tonight. Existing sure feels exhausting now.

She sat down on her bed, pondering what existence even means, but that was Warren's field.

Max wrapped herself up in her comforter, before poking a foot out to cool her off but retaining the heat.

It wasn't long before she drifted away.

Fluttering her eyes open, she felt resistance tug at her limbs. As soon as she felt that, her eyes shot open. A leather couch and some cameras mounted on tripods surrounded stood in front of her.

Panic set in, she began to hyperventilate.

No, no no no no no.... not here. Not again.

A couple of bottles of drugs and syringes rested on the trolley, a pile of pictures on the bottom shelf.