003

"So why haven't you called him?" Sophie questioned, as Eli finished telling her best friend all about her night with Finn and how he had given her his number

She sighed before pouring herself another much appreciated glass of wine, "It's just I have no closure, he left me with a letter and no explanation, what am I supposed to do with that?"

"You're supposed to continue living your life" Sophie announced, prying the glass from her friends hands before pouring its contents down the sink, "it's been a a year and while drinking your feelings away might be fun, you're never going to be able to move on that way"

"So what do you suggest I do instead?" Eli sulked.

"Call Finn, he sounds nice and you know Jordan wouldn't have wanted you to put a stop on your life because of what he chose to do"

"I can't do that, I'm not ready for another relationship, it would be selfish of me to lead Finn on like that"

"It's just a phone call not a proposal, and besides after the year you've had, I think you deserve to be just a little selfish for once"

"Maybe you're right" Eli said, her mind wrestling with the idea of calling Finn, "What would I even say?"

"You truly are hopeless" Sophie giggled, "Seriously what would you do without me?"

"Okay I'll call him" The red head announced as she pulled her phone from out of her back pocket, "Here goes nothing" The phone rang for a while before he finally picked up.

"Eli?" His voice sounded mixed with confusion and relief, clearly he had been eagerly waiting for this call, "Are you there?"

"Oh um yeah I'm here" She stuttered, rubbing the back of her neck nervously, as the ability to make coherent sentences began to disappear.

"Oh heavens" Sophie scoffed before snatching the phone and placing it to her ear as Eli mouthed a quick thank you, "Hi this is Sophie, I'm Eli's best friend, she would like to know if you would want to go to dinner with her tomorrow evening"

"Yes" Finn confirmed straight away as his voice immediately began to perk up, "That would be amazing"

"Great" Sophie smiled, shooting Eli a thumbs up causing the red head to let out a breath she hadn't realised she'd been holding in, "Okay well Eli will text you the details" Sophie stated before ending the call.