20

New Year's was creeping up by the clock ticking in their hotel room as there was only an hour left until the new year started. Hana looked down outside of the window to see so many people huddled together in a crowd, just standing there in anticipation to see the annual ball drop. This was indeed the tradition for New Yorkers. They all looked like a herd, and it was mind blowing that they've been lining up since early morning just for this event.

"Can we go?" Hana excitedly but impulsively asked, whipping her head around to Jimin, who was on the bed, flipping through channels. He arched a brow, "Do you really want to go down there to watch that ball drop? We can just watch from the hotel window or the TV. They're airing it. Plus, it's really cold and crowded too. You might get sick." He reasoned, looking back to the television.

Hana left the window, crawling into bed to lay with him, "Fine. We can just stay in the hotel." She caved in, remembering that Jimin wasn't a fan of crowds. He smiled, nodding, "Do you want to go anywhere else for tomorrow?"

"Not really. We've traveled so much in the past few days, so I'm tired." She lazily said, leaning her head towards his body. The two continued to watch the remaining performances by celebrities, awaiting for the ball to drop. Hana felt comfortable, snuggled up against Jimin, feeling blissful. When the time almost came, she heard people chanting from outside with the numbers.

"5! 4! 3! 2! 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

Hana giggled, watching the ball explode into a million pieces of colorful confetti paper. She felt like a child again, excited about seeing it from above. Jimin enlaced his arms behind her body, "Happy New Year." He sang, swaying her body gently. She turned around, and they both leaned in for a kiss. He pulled away, smiling widely. "I have a present for you." He quietly said, his lips curving upward.

"Another one?" The woman whined, seeing him walk away to his luggage. "I wrote you a song." He grinned, pulling out a notebook and a guitar from behind his suitcase. Hana's eyebrows furrow in confusion, "When... did you bring that?"

Ignoring her question, he sat her down on the bed as he also took a seat across from her. He flipped a few pages of tunes and lyrics before stopping at the most recent song. He felt his heart racing, feeling nervous to perform in front of her. He cleared his throat, "It's called Serendipity because you are my serendipity."

It warmed her heart to hear that, and she smiled immediately, feeling giddy. When he strummed the guitar and started singing, Hana was at a loss for words. His angelic voice blended well with the acoustic guitar, bringing goosebumps to her skin. The lyrics were meaningful, and it touched her heart that he wrote a whole song dedicated to her. Hana smiled wider, seeing the tips of his ears turning pink, feeling shy. The woman didn't even realize but she teared up after hearing the last few lines of his song.

"Let me love, let me love you.." Jimin played the last chord, ending it off when he lets it sustain, gradually coming to a halt. He looked up, seeing Hana with her glistening eyes, smiling at him. He chuckled, setting the guitar down, letting one hand scratch his neck. "S-So, what'd you think-"

Interrupting him, she threw her body on him, hugging him tightly and kissing his cheek multiple times. "I love it so much. Thank you." She happily said, feeling his warm hands hugging back. "I'm glad."

"I love you. You can love me too. I allow it 100%." She chuckled, referring to the last few lines of his song. To that, he bursted into loud laughter, leaning over and rolling on the bed, still not letting go. He pecked her temple, "Yes, of course I do." He holds her, moving his head back a little to look at her.

"I want to promise you many things for this year." He said, folding his hands together. He took a deep breath. He felt his heart racing and the booming of his ears was restless.

"I want to marry you."

The woman's heart dropped and her eyes brightened, "You-wha?" Her lips parted, chuckling nervously. Jimin sweetly smiled, "We're not getting any younger. If we want to have a family too, we should start soon." He explained, trying to read her expression. She bit her lip in nervousness as her eyes traveled everywhere but him. When noticing her uneasiness, he holds her hands gently, grasping them, "Hey, I'm not saying we have to if you don't want to."

"It just all kinda hit me. I forgot that I'm 27.. 28 this year. Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited to marry you and start a family with you, but maybe I'm just scared. Even passing my mid twenties, I don't really know how to handle things the way I should sometimes. I can't even cook and I'm 27. How can I be a mother? What if I fail?" She looked up to his twinkling eyes that could foresee a whole future.

"No, you're going to be a great mother. I know it. I can teach you how to cook. We can also go to those parenting programs if it helps. We can do it together." He assured, caressing her hands with his thumbs.

"What if-"

"Trust me. We can do it together."

-

A/N: next chapter will be the smut chapter 👀