prologue

if there's one thing that i remember from my childhood... or that i want to remember from my childhood... it's what my mother said to me when i was only six years old.

it was an abnormal day, for me. it was sunny, bright, and happy. some would consider it beautiful. the sky was blue, the grass was green... almost as green as my own eyes as they squinted up at my mothers frame. my usual curiosities were buzzing around my brain like a swarm of angry bees.

i had seen a television program earlier that morning. a girl and a boy touched their lips together and it confused my young myself. why do they do that? does everyone touch their lips to other people? is it like shaking hands? i need go get to the bottom of this. i remembered what the girl said after the boy took his touch away from hers. "i love you."

what did that mean. i know i have heard that word once before, but i've never had the chance to come to the conclusion of what the word really meant. once again, my young and innocent self was on a mission to find out.

"mommy," i had asked as i sat down next to her on a bench in that stupid park. "what's love?"

my mother chuckled as she leaned back onto the seat "it's a little word with a whole lotta meaning." she laughed, and i laughed too. i didn't understand why, but i did. 

"that's it?" i asked. that couldn't possibly be all it is.

my mother sighed and put her arm around my tiny frame. "well," she said. "love is something you won't be able to understand until you're way way older. you see, life is full of love. different types of love. it just take a little time to see what each kind means. you'll find out soon enough."

and that was the end of it. i didn't ask anymore questions that day because that was enough for me. we left that park that day and we ended up never going back.

there comes a time in your life when you suddenly realize why we are all put on this planet in the first place. some might think it's to put an impact on the world, others might think for no reason at all. i still haven't figured that out either. all i know is, life is a chase. and we're all just starting it.