one.

wills pov

"will!" i heard my mothers soft voice call from downstairs. i groaned and flipped over to take a peek at my alarm clock. it was 7:30 am. what could she possibly want? then, it hit me.

my eyes widened as i quickly sat up, instantly regretting my decision because i was not prepared for the dizziness that followed my actions. today was saturday, the 24th of september. it was moving day. i looked around my blank room to see nothing but brown boxes, stacked to the ceiling. it wasn't a pretty sight to me. it was as if all of the boxes surrounding me were full of every single memory from my current life. i'm leaving my old school, my old friends, and my old enemies for a whole new version of those things.

my name is will and i'm 16. i was born and raised in orange county, california, in a rich and suburban area. i'm not one of those stuck up snobby boys that get everything they want though. i work for most things i want. my family does have a lot of money, but what's the point if i can't learn to support myself? i choose to buy things with my own money because it gives me a sense of maturity and independence. my brother, on the other hand, dare i say it, is a brat. i don't mean to use such harsh language, but i mean it.

yes, i am one of those types of people. no, not the kind that i described earlier. i'm one of those types of people that takes life pretty seriously. i mean, if i didn't, would i still have a 4.0 gpa? would i still have a steady job as an assistant at my fathers office? would i still have the right mindset for my future ahead of me? the answer to all of these is no. i take everything i do into great precaution, because that's the way i like to do things.

i've never gotten below a 99% in any of my classes. never. anything below 99% is absolutely unacceptable in my book. not even a 98%. my friends are a lot like me, but even they sometimes say i'm too hard on myself. what can i say? i love school. learning new things and solving problems is just, i don't know, fun to me. i take all advanced classes and any extra credit assignment i can get my hands on. i know what you're thinking, i'm young. i should be out with my friends, being social, falling in love. but, i'm not. school is, and will be for a very long time, by my only priority.

i will admit though, if there is one thing that i love as much as school, it's art. drawing, painting, and photography are my passions. i love the practical arts, they're always there for me if i need a break or if i'm stressed out about something. i have sketch books filled with doodles and drawings and cartoons. i have more paint supplies than you could imagine. my nikon camera is the best there is. i paid for it by myself, of course.

now, today is the day most of what i'm used to changes. my dads business opened a new office in hawkins, indiana. yeah, that's right. i'm moving to indiana. not that it's going to take much effect on me, but my nervousness is off the charts right now. i'm going to be leaving everything that i'm used to, for a brand new school, a brand new group of friends, a brand new life. i know i seem like i'm really not ready for it, but deep down, i'm so ready.

by monday, i'll be starting a brand new school in a brand new city. a brand new life.

an; super sorry the story's a lil dull rn !! it'll pick up soon !!