Chapter 1: The Aftermath

Barb has just woken up. It had been almost one year since her disastrous "World Tour", and always gets the taste of disgust in her mouth when she even thinks about it. In the aftermath, she offered to fix all of the villages and kingdoms she had destroyed, one of those being Pop Village, the one she had particularly taken special interest in. The reason behind her "special interest" being Queen Poppy, of course. Whenever she was around Poppy she would get... urges.
She couldn't explain them either, because even she herself was confused. She was always wanting to be around Poppy, whether it be day or night, raining or sunny. She just wanted to always be around her. And one day she finally came to the conclusion that she, Queen Barb of the Rock Trolls, had fallen in love with the Queen of Pop. Strange right? To think of a rock troll with a pop troll; but not to barb.
     Barb could think of all the endless possibilities that could come from them ending up together. One of those being power, and no not the bad kind. They could both rule their kingdoms together in a way. Having transports built to each kingdom that got them there safely and efficiently, or even building a castle for them both to live in in the middle of their kingdom and village.
     These thoughts usually would rattle Barbs brain late at night, secretly wishing she could tell Poppy how she felt about her. How she dreamt about their lives coming together as one. But alas, this would never come true. Poppy was already happy with someone, and that someone being Branch. Her and Branch got along...most of the time. When it came down to who Poppy would hangout with the most, it was definitely him. But when it came down to who loved her most, it could be pretty close. Barb loved Poppy so much that she could barely even put it into words. Her heart was full whenever Poppy was around. Branch on the other hand, could put it into words, which had Barb beat. But there was only one thing Branch hasn't done yet, and that's ask Poppy to be his girlfriend. Barb thought he was insane for not asking sooner, but that got her thinking; does he actually like her in that way? I mean, she sees the way he looks at Poppy, but then there's Hickory, the country-yodeler. Branch looks at him as if he's just seen the most handsome troll on the planet. But Branch couldn't like guys... right? Or maybe he could and she's just blind.
     Barb stops herself from thinking too much and decides upon herself to take a shower to start the day. Once she's done, she gets dressed in her normal rocker-like attire consisting of jeans, a white tank top, and a black leather jacket. She then applied a generous amount of cologne to her body because today she was going to see Poppy; and ask her if she would like to go on a date.

~~~~~~~~~~Authors Note~~~~~~~~~~~
Ahhh I'm so happy to get this out here because Poppy and Barb literally STOLE my heart right out of my chest when I saw them together so I decided to make a cute lil slow burn fic about them !! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter because I definitely look forward to writing more in the future <3