Pampering You

Today is the same as ever, fight, rest, fight, rest, then fight again. It should be no problem with the assassin, he was used to it but today, he felt more tired than he'd ever done. Not as much as that day when he ran away from his so-called family, a so-called fate from a young age though.

The loud and obnoxious music pounded into his ears as he returned to the shared mansion. Looking around, he spotted almost everything he hated the most in one place. Loud people, sweaty people, horny people, drunken people, annoying people, just people in general. Signing inwardly, he might not mind a couple of glasses to loosen up the tensions slowly swelling up inside him.

1 glass turned in 3 turned into 7, or is it 10, he lost count a long time ago. The music is still here, people are still here, and the smell of disgusting sex is added to the surrounding. Pounding headache, sick stomach and the urge of punching something or someone had led him out to the garden behind the mansion to keep things from getting more complicated later on.

Sitting on the bench watching the night sky luring above everything else. So dull, not a single star shines through the sky. Perhaps it was because it understood his feelings. Gusion can't help but feels like he had lost himself in the mass of...everything that exists in this world, just like those stars in the sky high above.

He won't know what to compare himself to anymore, those stars or the moon. Had he lost himself or had he found himself alone, bathing in his own sadness? Either way, it was depressing.

The news he heard today, how should he feel about it, happy or sad? His whole family was annihilated by whoever and whatever and here he was. still alive. Sometimes he wonders, what reason is it that he is still clinging to this life, to this world that has nothing left for him to live on.

Maybe because there are still people that care for him. He thinks about Lesley, about Guinevere, about the person he is in love with. Love, Gusion snickers, how naive of him to still have those dangerous feelings at a time like this. He thought about his mother and father, they shouldn't have fallen in love so that he wouldn't be born in the first place, now that everything is gone, leaving him alone in this harsh world to survive alone.

Too deep in his thoughts, Gusion misses the light footsteps behind him. Claude was here, staring worryingly at his comrade. Gusion has been acting strange lately and he knows the exact reason for it. After all, being a thief means you got to know a lot of information about the people surrounding you.

Claude knows Gusion hates his family, but as far as hate can go, they are still his family, connected by flesh and blood. Don't get him wrong, he doesn't get to experience it firsthand, heck, he doesn't even have a family to start with but the constant yearning for one when he was younger is enough for him to understand the bond between family is stronger than anything else in the universe and it is not easy to just abandon it completely.

Slowly making way to the now fragile-looking brunet, he carefully announced his appearance to Gusion so it won't freak him out. The least wanted action was for Gusion to start attacking him out of the blue after all.

With a jolt, Gusion turns his head violently so that his headache hurts even more, staring at the also staring soft brown eyes, he remembered his own violet ones are dampened with tears. Swiftly wiped it away, Gusion wanted least was for somebody to see him in a weak state crying his eyes out. Claude's surprise was quickly wiped away after realizing it was probably not the appropriate expression at this moment.

"Can I sit down?" Carefully raising his voice, Claude waited for an answer from the quiet man. With a nod and a soft hum, he sat down next to Gusion.

Claude may appear as a teasing, annoying person and he is, but when it comes to Gusion, he was always holding back on his teases when needed, He doesn't want to poke at his never closing wounds and accidentally hurts Gusion's feelings.