Chapter 3

I woke up late into the morning thankful that classes didn't start until the next day. Today I could relax, be reacquainted with Hogwarts and ultimately decide what classes I would take this term.

I got dressed and walked lazily down to the Great Hall for whatever was left of breakfast. When I got there the Goblet of Fire still stood brightly blue in place of the podium and I imagined that quite a few people had already thrown their little parchment pieces into its flames, eagerly waiting to see if they would get the chance to be famous or what have you. 

I sit and dish myself some buttered toast and tea and taking a couple small sausages for a change. Talon came swooping down from the high windows to drop a package on the table in front of me. He hoots and I pull a piece of bacon for him and then a blood sausage when he hoots dissatisfied.

"Oooh presents already?" Albus swoons excitedly. When I look up Scorpius, Hugo, and Louis are with him.

"None for you." I grin devilishly and begin undoing the twine used to keep the box closed. Inside is an assortment of sweets a new quill and a plain black journal with a note attached to the front.

'The journal is so you can write to Hayato. He desperately wanted it, just write and he will be able to read it in his journal. Same for when he wants to write to you. He also spent hours indecisive about what other sweets to buy for you. Convinced him you didn't like many sweets so he insisted on getting Talon treats as well. He wanted to get all the kinds that the shopkeeper suggested but tearfully agreed to just three.

Oh and happy belated birthday Love.

-Mum

P.S. There's Licorice Wands for Albus and Scorpius.'

I scoff and dig into the box to find two packages of licorice wands.

"Here you gnomes go." I huff and toss the boxes to them.

I grin at the next letter seeing that it's in Hayato's messy writing.

'Dear Aiko,

Here's the stuff I wanted to get you and some stuff for Talon. Oh and Albus and Scorpius. I didn't know what to get your friends so mum got the licorice wands. I hope they like them and I hope Talon like his treats. Can you tell him they're from me? Because I like Talon and I want him to like me too.

I miss you. I know you're going to be the best at school.

Love you time a bajillion,

Hayato Promethius Ironwood (<- Did I do a good job, Aiko?)'

Smiling at the letter I fold it back up and stick it inside the journal.

"Hayato says 'You're welcome you moochers'." I chuckle and Scorpius shakes his head.

"He's too nice. Sweet kid." Albus takes a sweet and inspects it

"Yeah he hopes you like them." I confess.

"I'll do one better and love them." Scorpius grins and hugs his pack of sweets.

"Pick anything except for the Fizzing Whizbees." I say and push the box toward Louis and Hugo so that I can continue eating.

After a moment I hear Louis give a disgusted snort, "Did your mom forget your birthday?"

"Sure you can absolutely read my private letters." I say, the scorn clear in my voice.

"It was just there on top." Louis defends and a smile breaks out across my face. With one motion I have my wand out and pointed at my box of treats.

"Louis I bloody hate you." Albus speaks up just before I wave my wand, making my box disappear.

"But my sweets." Louis sputters.