Part 1, Chapter 12

2 days later
Kevin's performance.
Y/n p.o.v
I woke up that day feeling really bad but I still got up and went to school. Kevin went to school early today to practice for tonight. So I drove my car this morning and went to pick Kate up. Me and Kate have become best friends and tonight we are going to the performance together and then she's staying at mine. I drive up to Kate has and wait for her to come out.
Kate house isn't small but isn't big either. She comes from quite a Rick family but she doesn't want anyone knowing that, but she's glad she found someone she can trust. I hink my car horn and she opens the door and runs out to the car.
Kate: yo I ordered Starbucks this morning and got you one.
Y/n: thanks I'm going to need that.
Kate: are you okay? You kinda look sick.
Y/n: yeah I'm fine. Just got a headache but that's because I haven't drunk enough so this should help.
I start to drive to school and Kate just blares music from my car speakers. Her music taste isn't so bad but it could use an up grade. We arrive at school and I notice that a lot of students are already here. Most likely practising for the show. Me and Kate get out the car and head inside to class not neading to go to our lockers since we only have 3 classes today.
I arrive and see most people sitting down already, this day is already weird, people never come to school early. I walk to my seat and put my things in ym desk and wait for the class to start. The students that are performing today get to stay out of class to practise which means I'll be in class all on my own. How fun, I have to sit through maths with this teacher nagging me all day. I see Kate from the other side and she is walking over to me.
Kate: so I heard that Kevin has written a song for tonight. I wonder is it's for you.
Y/n: probably not. Why would some one right a song for me or about me.
Kate: well I don't know. But he thinks your not going to be their so perfect time for him to perform it.
Y/n: well little does he know.
After that the teacher comes in and Kate just sits next to me, the teacher not minding at all.
Teacher: so as you can see today we only have a few of you. So I have decided to just let you sit and do what ever because I'm tired and can't be bothered to handle you lot and what I need to teach is for everyone. The rest of the teachers are doing it aswell so you stay here for the 3 lessons you have.
What a fun day today is going to be, what can we even do anyways.
Teacher: also if you take a photography class then I have been told that you can go around the school taking photos for your next assignment.
Kate: I do photography. Why don't you be my model. I don't want to leave you here.
Y/n: fine but I'm not doing anything stupid.
Kate: it's alright I just need to go to drama to get you some outfits.
Y/n: I have clothes with me can't I use them.
Kate: no I'm going for an old theme so I want a nice dress. Now stay here ill be back.
While waiting for her to come back I just sit and play on my phone. I noticed I had a few texts from my father.

Dad
Hey honey. Just wanted to check in on you. Hope you are doing well and we can't wait for you to be home in a few weeks. Hope to hear from you soon and give me a call.

Y/n
Hey dad. Sorry I haven't messaged or call I have been really busy these past few days. I'm doing alright been going out a lot and I have also made a new friend. I also forgot to tell you me and my friend have sent our prom dresses to the house so when they arrive please leave them in my room. I will try and call you tonight if not tomorrow. Love you dad.

After that Kate came back in with this massive long white dress. It looks like I'll be getting married or something.
Their was a lace up back kind of like a coursette with a long silk bottom.
Kate: so this will be what I want you to where. So go get changed.
Y/n: come with me I'm not coming in hear with that on.
She takes the dress and we head to the bathroom so I can put that dress on.

Once photos are done.

I walk over to Kate once she has done with the photos, as I want to see how they turnt out.

Omg wow she has some skills

Omg wow she has some skills. And not going to lie I look amazing.
Y/n: have you thought about being a photographer before because that is talent.
Kate: well I don't know my parents want me to work in their buisness but I really don't want to.
Y/n: you don't always have to do what your parents want. Your almost 18 you can do what you want.
Kate: I guess your right. Thanks y/n. Now let's go get you out of this dress and we can go to yours and get ready.
Y/n: wait schools over already.
She nods and we go and get me out of this dress. We take it back to the drama room and then go and grab our things from the class. People kept asking her about the photos so she showed some people them and they were amazed at how good they came out.
?: wow y/n looks so good in these. Damnnn
Kate: ikr she should be a model.
I grab Kate and drag her out to the car. We get in and I start to drive to my house.

At home

Kate: so Kevin doesn't know your coming.
Y/n: nope and I also have another surprise. I will be performing but I need to ask if you'd do it with me.

Kate: obviously. I would love to perform. But I don't have anything to perform in.
Y/n: don't worry I have the perfect thing. Also the second song we learnt in class the other day is the song we can perform.
I walk her to my room and we start to get ready.