chapter 19: meeting is now in session

It was loud. In a matter of minutes, havoc has broken. Grapes, chips, peanuts and coke bottles were spread incoherently among the surface of the tables. Chiron provided the food himself, but never would (Y/n) imagine how much of a mess the people around her had made. Even Nico was popping pomegranate seeds inside his mouth.

Over all the noise of rustling plastic and gossip, Annabeth stood silently. Her eyes cold and distant as she tried to assert her authority and dominance over the campers. (Y/n) almost felt sorry for her, knowing how hard it is to speak over a loud crowd. Thankfully, Will seemed to notice the growing impatience in the athenian girl.

"Guys," Will spoke up, catching the attention of several campers. "This is kinda important so it'd be real cool if y'all can just quiet down." Will smirked, leaning back on his chair as he munched on rice crispy treats. Surprisingly enough, the campers hushed down and attempted to eat more quietly. (Y/n) thought that he would have been more strict considering how he tells her off for eating messily, but the fact that Will was extremely lax in a meeting about her was extremely surprising.

Annabeth sighed, rubbing the surface of her forehead. "Thanks, Will."

"No problemo~" Will laughed, opening up another packet of rice crispy treats.

"Was he always like this?" (Y/n) muttered to herself as she watched a side of Will she had never seen before, not aware that she had once again spoken out her thoughts.

"No, no, no. He's always like this." A voice whispered beside her in response, the sultry amusement evident in their voice.

She turned, startled by the sudden voice. A sense of deja vu filled her as she stared into brown eyes of none other but the class clown of camp half-blood, Leo Valdez, his head uncomfortably close for her liking. He smirked as he leaned away, chewing on the end of his liquorice half heartedly.

Her eyes narrowed distastefully. Leo Valdez, to her, was an annoying existence. He was the second most annoying person to her next to the Stoll brothers and that was saying alot. He was an absolute dick, but he was a good dick — not in that sense — (Y/n) was sure of that. Even though he hung out with the rest of the seven, he was kinder to her than the others and that was enough.

"Hello." Leo grinned his devilish smile as he offered her his half-bitten snack. "Liquorice?"

"Yeah, no." (Y/n) flashed Leo a smile back, pushing away his hand away from her face. "Go away, you're distracting me."

"Distracting you with my pretty face?"

"You wish. Now shut up and just let me listen."

"Fine, fine." Leo smirked, leaning back into his seat. She actually wants to listen to brain girl? Her? He thought to himself as he watched the girl beside him fall silent, a serious look replacing the visible annoyance thrown to him earlier. He shrugged, deciding not to think too much about it. Well, its a meeting so this shouldn't be a problem.

Probably.

"For those of you who were present in the arena," Annabeth started slowly as she glanced over every single camper in the room, never failing to keep her voice calm as her startling gray eyes passed over to a significant young girl, "Then you are already aware of what's at stake. But for those who weren't then it's high time that you should."