Chapter 1: Feelings

He watches her for quite some time. Feelings of pain and anger spread throughout his body. His eyes sting with tears. He wants her, yet he knows that he can not have her. He is a monster who belongs in the darkness of the night. Him being the monster he was, he was told he could not love. He has never in his 300 years of living seen such a gorgeous woman.

          Her hair is long with golden honey colored curls falling over her shoulders and down her back. Her eyes are as green as the grass when it has had enough water to grow properly. Her skin is covered with light brown freckles; her lips are full and are as pink as a rose. Her skin may have been pale, but she seemed to be flawless from what he could see. She is clothed in the finest clothing.

          Is she rich to? He thinks to himsef. Why do I feel this way? Why does my heart yearn for her love? Why does my body ache for her touch? Why does my soul seem to have revived within me because of just a glance from those gorgeous eyes?

          So many questions he wanted answered. He may as well give up. If the Lord found out he was in love with a human with a strong heartbeat, then he would be forced to fight the Lord. No one ever won against the Lord.

          He stands from the ground he had been kneeling on and begins to walk the opposite direction from where his love was. He stops in the middle of a meadow and lets his wings burst from his back. He doesn't glance at them because he knows what they look like. To other demons, they were perfect, beatuful wings. They would try to kill him for his wings, but those who tried ended up dead themselves.