Chapter Twenty Nine

A week had passed since David quit his protection detail and everything has been surprisingly quiet. After breakfast that day, we made our way to The Lost's trailer park and met Brad, the new leader of the MC. He told us that Arty was waiting for Reggie to come home and he shot him dead as soon as he entered his trailer. He shot and killed a few others, injured more, and then ran. They wanted to go after him, but their members needed immediate medical attention.

A few days after I killed Arty, Brad sent an MC member to the trailer with a message. After much talk and consideration, they have decided to extend an offer to a peace treaty. Trevor was, well, to put it nicely, pissed off. He wanted nothing to do with The Lost since what happened with Arty, but I managed to talk him down from killing the entire MC. Finally, we agreed to a meeting to discuss terms, but only that. Trevor didn't want a peace treaty without it in writing and no loopholes.

"Trevor?" I called out as I put on my shirt, but I got no answer. "Trevor, I know you're out there."

"I don't wanna go to this bullshit meeting." Trevor grumbled.

"It's a peace talk, that's all. Don't you want peace between the MC and us?"

"No, not really."

"Trevor..."

"Fiiine, I guess it would be nice to not have to look over my shoulder every five minutes."

"Which is exactly why we need this." I smiled as I exited the bedroom, only to find Trevor still sitting on the couch in nothing but a pair of underwear. "What did I tell you about wearing pants?"

"That it was optional?"

"That's the exact opposite of what I said."

"It's my house, I should reserve the right to wear pants. Be happy that I'm not a nudist."

"I'm very thankful for that, but I just ask for some respect. You don't see me running around here in just a bra and underwear, do you?"

"No, you shot my suggestion down."

"Because I know you and things would get crazy."

"Crazy, huh?" Trevor smirked and slowly stood up and made his way over to me. "How crazy? You thinking about bending that beautiful ass over?"

"Keep dreaming." I scoffed, forcing myself to ignore the twinge that settled between my thighs. Since the day after the attack, I've been spending more and more time with Trevor. He didn't want to leave my side and I honestly didn't want him to, either. We share a bed, we take any and all trips away from the trailer together, he probably would've requested that we shower together if he didn't think I would've smacked him for the suggestion.

"Oh, trust me, I dream about it every night."

"Trevor!"

"I'm just playing, Sugar Tits!" Trevor laughed. "Seriously though, do we really need to go?"

"They won't agree to anything unless you're there. They think you're gonna screw them over just like you think they will. We're just gonna discuss terms. We can have a few days to think it over, but they want our decision by the end of the week."

"This is so stupid."

"Stupid, but useful. You never know when the time will arise that you'll actually need them."

"Hopefully never."

"I agree, but it's always good to have a small army in your corner." I sniffed at the air. "What is that smell?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Trevor shrugged.

"Trevor, we have to be there in five minutes! If we're late, the deal is off the table."