5

Warning: Manga spoilers as usual :D

Reader POV

When I woke up the next morning in Nozel's bed, I sighed.

Indeed, the events that happened before wasn't a dream.

"Good morning,"

I looked up to see him with damp hair, making me draw conclusions that he probably either went out for a jog since it was raining outside, or he took a shower.

I nodded and got out of the comfortable bed. "Good morning."

Indeed, I still had the charm bracelet that still had my things in it. I clicked it in a specific manner and the suitcase floated into the air and landed on the floor.

I leaned over and picked up clothes to give to Noah.

"Don't," Nozel said. "We will go shopping today for both of you."

"Not needed." I exited the room and went to Noah's. Shaking the boy awake, I smiled.

"Mommy?" Noah opened his purple eyes.

I kissed his forehead. "Good morning, Noah,"

I handed him some clothing. "Get changed and do everything I tell you to. We'll have breakfast downstairs, alright?"

"Okay!"

I exited the room with a soft smile. Even though I wasn't happy at all to be back here, I couldn't deny that having Noah with me made everything better.

I changed my own clothes in the bathroom in Nozel's room after taking a shower, locking it shut behind me.

When I came out, Nozel took note of my wet hair and offered me a towel to help dry it. I accepted it.

After everyone was ready, we went down for breakfast.

Noelle, who was staying for two nights, looked at me with shock.

"(y/n)!" She ran up and hugged me. The last time I saw her, she was thirteen. Now she was 18.

Then she saw Noah. "Who is this?"

"This is my son," Nozel said as he sat down at the table.

I frowned. "I haven't been in the Clover Kingdom for a long time, Noelle. I know about the Eye of the Midnight Sun and then the battle with Megicula."

"How did you-"

I shrugged. "I might not have magic, but I could sense your ki. I knew you were in the Heart Kingdom three years ago. Queen Lolopechta had told me about the visit."

"I have a question about that," Solid said. "If you were truly in the Heart Kingdom during the attacks, then where did you hide? As far as we know, the Dark Triad and all of those jerks stormed the three kingdoms."

I sighed. "Well, Noah and I-"

"We hid in the underground network with the other citizens!" Noah declared. "It was so cool! There were boats in the caves along with a water system and homes!"

"This system of tunnels is located about half a mile underground. No one would be able to detect that. It's an emergency place. That's where we hid with the others who couldn't fight."

Nozel frowned. "All of you hid there? With others?"

"Yeah! It was so cool!" Noah grinned. "My friends and I would hang out every day! It was like a huge sleepover!"

I nodded. "Well, finish your food, Noah. We're going to the shopping district today. Nozel wants to get you things."

The three siblings shared a look. They knew their older brother well enough to know that he was going to try to get me alone tonight for dinner or something.

"We can take Noah shopping," Solid said with a fond smile towards his nephew. "You two can go off on your own,"

"No-"

"We insist!" Noelle and Nebra said.

I gave the three of them a confused stare. The last time I saw everyone, they were treating their sister horribly.

"What happened between you four? Last time I was here, you were all hating on poor Noe."

Noelle looked down with a soft smile. "We made amends. At first, I didn't think we would be able to. But now I feel like we can. After all, I want my own family to have aunts and uncles."

I stared at the 18-year-old with shock. "Noelle! You're pregnant?"

"Not only that but she's engaged to some commoner anti-magic brat named Asta," Nozel said.

"He's not a brat!" Noelle defended this 'Asta'. "Nozel, I could say the same about you! I'm surprised that you married a commoner! Don't get me wrong we all love her, but you were so high and mighty back then that you despised anyone lower than your rank!"

The silence drew onto the Silva residence.

Nozel slowly looked at his sister with anger in his eyes.

"Noelle. How dare you-"

"Nozel." I butted in. "She's telling the truth. You were honestly a total jerk back then. All of you were, let's be honest."

Noah, who didn't know the full truth of his parent's past, quietly started to eat his breakfast.

"We have changed," Nebra said with a curt smile. "It seems you still hold grudges, which is understandable."

Breakfast was cleared up. I put a jacket on Noah and cursed under my breath when I remembered that I had left my own jacket at the house back in the Heart Kingdom.

"You can borrow one of mine," Nozel said as if he had read my mind.

I narrowed my eyes but took the jacket regardless.

Noah had decided to go shopping with his aunts and uncle, leaving Nozel and I alone.

"Let's go."

I climbed onto the silver chariot and painful memories surged through me.

I looked down at the city below as the chariot made its descent towards the shopping district of the Clover Kingdom's Royal Capital.