Chapter One

I feel the bump of the new ink on my fore arm.

Be back soon. Love, Mom and Dad.

The last thing they would ever write. The last thing I had of them. But they would never be back.

"Andy we're landing." My brother, Bentley shakes my thoughts. I look out the window to see the lights of the runway. I gather my things and get ready to get off the plane.

*

"Andy! Hi sweetie." My Aunt Lily says trying to give me a hug. I know she's hurting right now to but I hate any kind of affection since that day. Every one gives me that look like I'm fragile. I can hold my ground. It's been two months now, but I remember it like it was yesterday.

*flashback*

I look to the clock waiting for them to get home. Supper has been on the table for an hour already. I have called many times but the won't answer.

*ring ring*

"Hello, Heeger residence."

"Hello, is this Andria?"

"Yes who is this?"

"It's the hospital. I'm afraid to inform you that your parents have been in a terrible car accident." The voice on the other end took a long pause, probably to make sure I was listening. "They didn't make it. I'm really sorry. You can come to the hospital to collect then when you're ready." He made it seem like they were property.

*present*

"Andria this is your room."

"Do not call me that." My mom was the only one who called me by my full name. She was the only one I didn't mind calling me that.

"I'm sorry Andy. Supper will be ready in twenty minutes."

"I'm not hungry." I shut the door in her face. I know it seemed harsh but I didn't really care. I wanted to be alone. Lily's house was huge. She was a well known designer here in London. I don't understand why it was only her and her son living here for five years.

I plopped my bags on the floor near the closet and opened the doors. It was a large walk in closet. I definitely didn't have enough clothes to fill this.

I grabbed my laptop out of my carry on and opened it up. 'Shit I have to go ask for the wifi' I thought to myself. I really didn't want to go talk to her, especially after I shut the door in her face, but I really wanted to talk to Sofia. Sofia was my best friend. In the sixth grade she on accident spot her gum into my hair while trying to blow a bubble. Since that day we have been stuck to each others hip, except now of course. It was the only reason I didn't want to leave. My best friends were back in Canada and I am here. I'm glad to get a new start here though. No one knows what I've been through. I can just be Andy.

I walked down stairs to see my siblings sitting at the table.

"You decided to come eat?"

"No I need the wifi password."

"I think you can eat with us first."

"And what good would that do? We all sit in silence, avoiding the topic of our parents. So no thanks I would rather kill myself."

"Andy wait." I ran up the stairs and slammed my door, the finding out it wasn't my room. Fuck her and all her doors. I slowly opened the door to see her standing there with crossed arms.

"You went in the wrong room."

"I think I can see that."

"Andy I know you're angry with everything right now but you don't need to take it out on me. I lost my sister. It's just as hard for me." I just stared at her not saying anything. "Please come eat. You look like you haven't eaten in days." I gave in and went downstairs grabbing a seat by my sister, Rylee.

"Oh look, grouchy came to join us."

"Shut the hell up Ry." Bentley yelled across the table.

"Bentley please watch your language."

"Sorry." He went back to eating his food. Me and Bentley have always been close. He always stuck up for me even when I didn't need it. I grabbed a plate and slapped some mash potatoes on it. And like I knew we sat in silence except for Ethan and Chris making small talk. Ethan was Lily's kid and Chris was my youngest brother. They were only two years apart and were a lot alike.

"Now that I'm finished can I have the wifi password please." She could hear the sarcasm in my voice but decided to ignore it.

"It's in the den on the bulletin board." I got out of my seat and left trying to find the den. "It's the third door on the right." She yelled down the hall. I finally found the room and wrote the password on my hand.

*

"Andy! It's so good to see your face." Sofia's voice came bursting out of my speakers as her face lit up my screen.

"I miss you."

"I miss you too. It's not the same without you. But how was your flight?"

"Really fucking long. But whatever."

"That sucks. So when you gonna get a phone. I hate not being able to text you."

"I know me too. I'm hoping tomorrow but who knows. I'm also gonna look for a dance studio to dance at tomorrow." He face dropped. I hadn't danced since my parents passed.

"You're gonna dance again? That is so exciting!"

"Well I miss it and its the only thing that keeps my mind off things. I'm also really out of shape I need it back in my life."

"I'm so happy for you. By the way school starts again in a week. It's going to be hell without you." I was at a dance school this past year. Me, Sof and my other friend Tyler all made it in and were in the same classes. It was the best but now that I moved out here I don't know what I'm going to do.

"You have Tyler."

"Well you know what I mean." She paused for a second and I could here someone yelling in the background. "Okay ten minutes." She yelled back. "I'm sorry Ands but I have to go. Mom is taking me to get some school stuff. I will talk to you tomorrow hopefully. Love you and miss you tons."

"Love and miss you too. Bye." She waved to the camera and the. Signed off. I was left alone in my room again. The quiet was actually quite nice. Usually it terrifies me, it usually brings memories that I don't want to remember. The quiet usually haunts me. But right now, in this moment, the first time in two months, I felt peace.

A/N First Chapter I hope you like it. I don't have a title for my story yet but I will hopefully soon. Thanks for reading, please give your opinion it would mean a lot!