𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*( chapter 4! )*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

four | Percy's mother teaches us to bullfight

third-person pov

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

AS SOON AS THEY WERE ALL STRAPPED UP, Mrs. Jackson stepped on it.

Helen could see through her peripheral vision how Percy still looked nervously at Grover's legs. She sighed.

"So, you guys and my mom know each other?" Percy asked.

Grover checked the rearview mirror, and Helen's eyes met with Sally's, both of them terrified of what could come next.

"Not exactly. I mean, we've never met in person, but she knew we were watching you." the satyr responded.

"Watching me?"

"Keeping tabs on you. Making sure you were okay," this time, Helen responded, before adding hastily, "But we didn't fake being your friends. We are your friends, Percy."

"Um... Grover, what are you exactly?"

"That doesn't matter for now."

"Doesn't matter? From the waist down, my best friend is a donkey-"

Grover bleated indignantly and Helen winced, she knew what he was going to say.

"Goat!" he cried.

"What?"

"I'm a goat from the waist down!"

"You just said it didn't matter."

"Bla-ha-ha! They're satyrs who would trample you underfoot for such an insult."

"Whoa. Wait. Satyrs. Like... Mr. Brunner's myths?"

"Was Mrs. Dodds a myth Percy?" Helen responded softly, knowing that Percy was still trying to process everything.

"So you admit there was a Mrs. Dodds?"

"Of course."

"Then why-"

"The less you knew, the fewer monsters you'd attract." Grover huffed. Helen continued, "We put Mist over the mortal's eyes. We hoped you'd think the Kindly One was a hallucination, but you didn't buy it. You were realizing who you are."

"Who I- wait a minute, what di you mean?"

There was a bellowing noise again, but this time, much closer. It was catching up. Helen still had her dagger in hand.

"Percy," Sally said, trying to sound calm, "There is too much to explain, and not enough time. We have to get you to safety."

"Safety from what? Who's after me?"