Berbils

Panthro pounded his hammer against the metal hull of the Thunder Tank as he tried to fix it as it had broken down again and they had to stop so he could try and make repairs which was exceedingly difficult in the rain.

"The problem with a tank this old is it keeps breaking down." Said Panthro to himself as he unscrewed one of the bolts on the engine.

"Junk cylinder blew the whole drive train." Said Panthro.

When he finished he wiped away some sweat that had formed on his forehead.

"Let's see how this works." Said Panthro as he reached in and started up the engine.

It hummed as it powered up but something went wrong, and something popped.

Smoke came out from the engine and Panthro sighed.

He was surprised when the tank door opened and even more smoke billowed out as everyone dashed out of the tank coughing and trying to breathe in some fresh air.

"I guess we're sleeping outside tonight." Said Cheetara still coughing.

Panthro was still working away on the tank.

Kit was playing a tune on her instrument.

Kat and Snarf were next to her.

The area was filled with gigantic mushrooms, and they were using them as something to try and shield them from the rain, but it wasn't working too well. Cheetara and Tygra had already gone to sleep leaning against each other, their sleeping bodies seeking warmth from the other.

Adam shifted, trying to get comfortable.

"Things are looking up." Said Adam sarcastically.

"No transportation, nothing to eat, and no shelter." Said Adam as he looked up at the sky.

"If the rain stopped, it might be bearable." Said Adam as he begins to close his eyes.

As they slept though they never noticed the strange creatures that were appearing around them their shadows cast over their sleeping bodies as they moved around.

That morning, Adam was one of the last ones to wake up.

He noticed something.

There was no rain falling on him.

"Rain finally stop?" asked Adam to the others.

"No, but Panthro must've built a shelter while we were asleep." Said Tygra as he pointed up above them and they saw a huge tent above them blocking the rain from where they were.

"It wasn't me." Said Panthro from where he was working on the tank,.

"Figured it was one of you." Said Panthro.

The group shared glances then turned their attention to Cheetara who jumped at their stares.

"Don't look at me." Said Cheetara, putting up her hands.

They looked up when Kat and Kit came down from where they had been sleeping above.

"We're starving!" Yelled Kit with a whine.

"Yeah, what's there to eat?" Asked Kat as he went over to one of the bags that carried all of their food.

He reached inside, and frowned when he found nothing.

He turned the bag upside down and dumped out whatever dust was left inside with a sad whine.

"We're gonna have to do something about our food situation." Said Adam.