Chapter 4- What Happens Now

Chapter 4
Allison's POV

Aria and Rita left my room not long after arriving. I decided that it would probably be better off with me going to bed than returning downstairs and causing any more trouble than I may already have with my aunt. At this point, all the family must have given up on dinner as one by one they all made their way up.

For a while, I laid there on my bed with nothing but my thoughts to keep me company. The house managed to echo a deathly silence throughout, though too deathly if you ask me.

I heard the faint creak by my door that came from the floorboard instantly alerting me that someone was there. It wasn't until a voice called out that I figured out who it belonged to. "Allison sweetheart it is me." Aunt Caroline had managed to come up even after everything that had happened. "I love you with all my heart and I just hope that you know that everything I say and do is for your best interest. I just hope that one day you will understand my reasoning for what I did but until then I understand your reasoning for you hating me."

The steps slowly retreat away from the door eventually blending in with the deafening silence that pierced throughout.

I never liked silence, or confrontation for that matter, so I filled the silence and faced confrontation as I jumped off of the bed calling for my Aunt from behind the door. The footsteps were heard again as they began to grow louder.

I could not yet face her but I knew somewhere deep down that I needed her right now even if she was the reason for the way I am feeling right now. So instead of opening the door to face her I leaned against the door and mumbled my way through a short conversation with her just loud enough so that she could hear me.

"I do not hate you, Aunt Caroline. I never could, you are my family. But right now I just need a little time alone." At this point, I don't know if my mind was trying to fill the void of silence by conjuring up something in my imagination but I heard the faintest 'I love you.' back to me before footsteps were heard away from the door.

The adrenaline that my body had experienced throughout the progression of the day, needed some rest after the utter exhaustion it was put through. I was surprised that I had managed to lift myself from the floor I was currently on and drag myself what felt like miles but in fact, it was only a matter of footsteps to the bathroom to unwind for the night. As soon as my head had hit the pillow a wave of sleep deprivation hit me and everything turned very dark very quickly.

~~~

It was almost 3 in the morning when awoke again, in a state of panic covered in sweat. Life felt like it was moving faster than my eyes could comprehend. At one point a semi-naked Matt rushes into my room like a mad man shaking me awake as he yells out. "Ally, you need to get up! You need to see this!"

From the look on his face, I knew that something terrible had occurred, though not a hundred per cent awake yet something in my body had managed to tell me to get up and made my little legs sprint out of bed grabbing my nightgown and phone on the way.

As I was running down the familiar corridor every bit of hope gets lost by the passing of the room as I reach an all too familiar part of the house, I knew this was not going to be good. My tummy began to churn as if it knew what had happened before I had even gotten there.

To no surprise at all, all of the Storms were gathered around overlooking whatever was there whispering crying over something I was yet to see, but that came to a shock when they saw me enter. That all too familiar silence filled the room as I pushed everyone out of the way and made it through the crowd.

The scene that I had just overlooked looked like a blood bath something out of a pure horror movie, something only a psychopath would choose to do and that was before I even got the chance to look at her body.