"It's all my fault"

It had been 30 minutes since his world had stopped. 30 minutes since they had defeated hawk moth. 30 minutes since they had defeated his own father.
  He felt numb, as if this was all some sort of messed up nightmare. There was just no way this was real life. But as he stood on top of the notre dame staring down on his beloved city he worked so hard to protect, he couldn't deny it any longer.
     The news had made its way across Paris, reporters had swarmed him and his partner like vultures while they exited the Agreste mansion. "Ladybug, does this mean Paris is safe?". "Ladybug, what happens now you caught the monster who did this to us?". "Ladybug, what's wrong with Chat Noir?"
       He had quickly escaped the crowd by vaulting off to the city's skyline with one extension of his staff. Admittedly he felt guilty for leaving his lady alone with the swarm of press. But he knew she understood.
     A light breeze made its way across the exposed skin of his neck to accompany the swoosh of disturbed air by her entrance. He could hear her timid footsteps towards him before they stopped completely. She was hesitant to disturb him, fearful that she would disturb his coping.
        The light shake of his body indicating he was desperately holding on to his composure however, persuaded her to continue.
  "Kitty" her voice was soft and welcoming. Making him want to turn around and embrace her. But he couldn't move his feet. He was stuck staring at the large screen on the side of the building he was facing.
    "Famous fashion designer Gabriel Agreste, arrested after identity reveal".
"Adrien".  He sucked in a breath between his teeth. His accidental identity reveal in the middle of the battle shook him up. He was left defenceless, forced to watch Ladybug try to collect herself before scrambling to retrieve his miraculous from a equally shocked Mayura.
      Suddenly he felt her hand on his shoulder. "I know I can't possibly say something that will make the pain you're feeling go away, neither could i even begin to understand what you're going through. But you never have to go through it alone." The boy processed her words, blinking a few times before whipping around at break neck speed and engulfing her tiny frame in a large hug. She didn't hesitate to return the embrace.
      His sobs hung heavy in the air, "It's all my fault".
     "Chat Noir never say that again" Ladybug scolded the boys emotional statement, gripping him tighter to reassure him. "I could have done something to stop him! Maybe if I had worked harder in my studies! Or won my last fencing match! He wouldn't have felt the need to do this. Wouldn't have felt the need to make up for his embarrassment of a son."
      His muscles contracted, tensing from the weight of his words. He had drove his father to this point. After his mother's disappearance he just wasn't enough for his father. Why didn't he try harder? He cried into the girls hair hoping she could provide an answer as to why he wasn't good enough.
      "And even after all of that I managed to ruin the reveal too"
      Ladybug pulled away from his iron grip to stare at him. Her brow was furrowed in concern and the look only made him feel worse. Slowly she allowed her expression to soften, gingerly removing her hand from his back to cup his cheek.
     "Adrien, you are exceptional. You're a straight a student. You know multiple languages, and you're a star athlete. You have a successful modelling career and on top of all of that you're a freaking super hero! And you're only seventeen! I have truly never met somebody more amazing then you"
        The blonde gazed down at her slightly blurry face due to the tears still streaming from his eyes. He was taken aback by the urgency in her piercing blue eyes. She looked desperate. Desperate that he would understand what she saw when she looked at him.
      "Then why couldn't he love me?" he sniffled, his breathing was getting harder and he wished that his nose would clear. "I wish I could give you an answer Chaton. But honestly I don't know how someone couldn't love you. Chat I am so lucky I have the pleasure of knowing you. And I am so completely in love with you. Both Chat Noir and Adrien"
    Green eyes widened and blue eyes shined. Both teens were teary eyed and sniffling with mutual appreciation for the other. And although he wasn't okay, and wouldn't be for a while. He knew he was loved by one person. And for now he was content with that.
    "Now, just let it all out. Then we can talk about identities okay?" Ladybug spoke leading him into a hug again. Gently holding him, coaxing his feelings out with each caress of her hand through his hair. So he did.  He felt Paris wouldn't have to wait to know the true identity of the great Chat Noir. The civilians already knew, alerted by the painful sobs racking out into the silence of the night.

I should be updating one of my three other irresponsibly abandoned fics AHAHHA.