三十三 (Thirty-Three)

A/N:

Time I started writing this?

6:30 a.m.

Hours of sleep I've had?

0

Enjoy!

-B.

~~~~~~~~~~~
(Aria's POV)

I woke up tied to one of the kitchen chairs. I felt blood trailing down the side of my face from here he pistol whipped me. It hurt.

Nakamura was pacing the floor in front of me and his men were watching the monitors. I knew they were waiting for him.

"You should've just ran." I mumbled, my head throbbing.

Nakamura shook his head.

"That wasn't an option. Not now." He said.

"You could be on a plane right now or just getting to the airport. He would've come straight here first." I said knowing it was a lie.

He wasn't Ryu at the moment. He wouldn't have come here first. He would've hunted Nakamura down and then come here.

"Someone is here." One man said from the monitor room. "It's Bianchi and his son."

Nakamura came over and put a piece of duct-tape over my mouth.

"Try anything and I will put a bullet in your head." He whispered.

The sensors went off and they knocked on the door. We all stayed silent.

"Aria?! You in there?!"

Vince knocked and called my name for another ten minutes before leaving. I heard him say tell Val that he guessed I'd went out somewhere.

I could tell that waiting for Ryu to show up was killing Nakamura. He was terrified. Absolutely terrified.

Couldn't blame him though. I'd be terrified to.

Another twenty minutes passed before the sensors went off again. His men searched very camera angle but found nothing.

He then ripped the tape off my mouth.

"What was that?" He asked.

"Sometimes it goes off if an animal walks or flies by or if someone is just out for a walk." I said lying.

He nodded. "There any other way in here?"

I shook my head. "No. Only one door."

He nodded his head again and put the tape back on my mouth.

"What do we do when he gets here?" One man asked.

"You unload every bullet in your gun into his chest. Don't stop until you're out of bullets. Make sure he doesn't live." Nakamura said and his men nodded.

"What if Bianchi and his son come back?"

"We'll stay quiet and wait them out. We don't want a war with them."

"Alright."

Minutes passed by but it felt like hours before something happened. Nakamura was still pacing with his gun in his hand when the power shut off and we were submerged in darkness.

I felt a hand grab me and I knew it wasn't Ryu. It was Nakamura and he pressed his gun to my head.

"Akuma, I know that's you! I have a gun to her head! I will pull the trigger!" Nakamura yelled.

Silence.

Complete silence.

The kind of silence where you could probably hear a needle drop. All I could hear was my heartbeat.

When the lights came back on, Nakamura's men were laying in front of us. One had his throat sliced open and another was split open diagonally from his collarbone down to his hip. Ryu was nowhere to be seen though.

"I'm not playing around! I will shoot her!" He yelled, cocking his gun.

Nakamura didn't see it, but I did. I saw the movement by the window. By then it was dark enough outside so that he blended in perfectly.

My eyes connected with his and I started to cry.  Seeing my tears seemed to have made his eyes darker, or maybe it was just my imagination.

Nakamura pressed himself against the nearest wall while still keeping the gun to my head. He looked frantically around the loft, but still couldn't see him. To be honest, his movement were so light and stealthy that I could barely keep track of him.

When he came partially into the light, more tears spilled down my face. He was covered in blood, bruises, and cuts. It shattered my heart and broke my soul.

"Akuma! Let's talk about this!" Nakamura yelled.

He was getting more nervous by the second.

"All I wanted was to build our family up! Make us a force to be reckoned with! Make our names go down in history! That's all I wanted! I knew you wouldn't agree if you were with her! She weakens you! She kills Akuma! She snuffs out his light, his existence! Imagine what we could accomplish! What we could do!"

I knew his speech was doing nothing expect pissing Ryu off even more, if that was even possible.

"It's not to late! I could kill her! You could kill her! Then we could disappear for a while and build up our family! I'm guessing you killed Tanaka! We could take over all his businesses by tomorrow and go from there! We could build an empire! Just you and me!"

Ryu was getting closer with each passing second. I saw it in his eyes, in his predatory gaze, that he wanted Nakamura's blood and that he'd soon have it.

I knew he wanted to act fast and strike. The only reason he didn't was because I still had a gun to my head. A fully loaded and cocked gun with a finger on the trigger. Another reason was because he didn't have a knife in his hand. It was still stuck in the neck of one of Nakamura's men.

I could see the gears working inside his head as he tried to figure out the right way to attack without me getting hurt. I wanted to help, but I didn't know how. I didn't know what I could do. If I could do anything at all.

Ryu's eyes connected with mine before he moved his eyes up. I glanced up as he did and instantly saw what he saw. I also understood what he was trying to say.

I felt him look back at me, but I remained focused on what he had been looking at. After calming and preparing myself as best as I could, I gave a very subtle nod.

Within a second, we were submerged in darkness once again and I knew that when the lights came back on, Nakamura would be nose to nose with his worst nightmare.