𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

Rodrick Wayne Moore Jr.

"Wassup Lo?" I spoke as I slid in the backseat of Nipsey's car giving him dap

"Wassup Lo?" I spoke as I slid in the backseat of Nipsey's car giving him dap. I didn't feel like driving today. Hell, I didn't feel like going, but I was invited so I figured I might as well show my face. I hadn't seen or spoken to Charnaé since the little incident at the shop, but from what everybody was saying, she was doing alright. I was doing okay, I started this lil music thing, but I doubt I'll take it far. Just not my type of thing.  "You talked to Naé?" I asked in general.

"Have you talked to Naé?" Lauren shot back. I knew everybody was upset with me for the way I just walked away, but hey. Charnaé and I were never together and she was continuously pushing me away. What did they expect me to do? I decided not to answer leaning back in my seat shaking my head. "Well, you'll have a lot of opportunity at this gender reveal." The rest of the car ride was silent except for the music that was playing from the radio. I couldn't have been more relieved when we pulled up. I hopped out the car walking over to Joshua.

"Wassup nigga?" I gave him dap, smiling. "You excited?"

"Hell yeah, man. I need a lil girl." He said shaking his head.

"Joshua!" We heard Ry Ann yelling. She was obviously upset with the way she stomping over here. "We already late, let's go!"

"Alright, mama. I'm coming." He said calmly.

"Mhm." She hummed before looking at me. "Rodrick." She turned away storming back over to the building her nose in the air and her dress flowing behind her.

"Ya girl is something else." I said shaking my head as we walked into the building.

"Tell me about it." He said. I left his side walking into the big banquet hall. I quickly found Nipsey and Lauren sitting with Reggie and Charnaé's mom. Sitting down next to them I scanned the room. Charnaé definitely planned all this. Guns or glitter? That had her all over it. I couldn't lie though, it looked nice as hell. Looking around the room some more, Charnaé was the first person I laid eyes on. She was laughing with this other nigga. She sat so close to him she was damn near on his lap and I knew what that laugh meant. I kept my eyes on her feeling my blood beginning to boil. She looked down at her phone before getting up and walking to the front of the room.

"Hey y'all, I hope everyone is having as good a time as I am right now. But now it's time to shift our attention to the door as we celebrate the mother and father to be." She said and everyone began cheering and clapping as Josh and Ry Ann danced in to 'Step In the Name of Love'. Once they got to the middle people started grabbing their partners and began dancing with them. Nipsey grabbed Lauren, Reggie grabbed Nica, and Charnaé grabbed the nigga she was with. Everybody seemed to be having a great time, except me. Eventually, the music faded out and everybody dispersed to their seats. "Everybody stay in your seats for a second, we're getting ready to eat. It is buffet style, but we've assigned each table a song when you hear your song that means it's time for you to go get your plate." Charnaé began walking back to her seat as the first song played. I got up completely ignoring her instructions to stay seated and walked over to the table where she sat beside her sisters, cousins, Ricky, and the new nigga.