CHAPTER 33

AUTHOR POV

Y/n stepped out of the bathroom wiping her hands with a towel and froze upon seeing a pair of anger-filled eyes fixed upon her. Seated on the bed in front, the person's stern gaze locked onto her, rendering her unable to speak.

"Why are you coming out of his bathroom, Y/n?" Taehyung demanded, his voice dripping with seriousness as he pronounced her name. "What did he do to you... Despite my warning, he persists in this behavior. I swear, I'll make him regret it."

Taehyung rose from his seat, preparing to enter the bathroom, but was halted by Y/n intervention.

"Taehyung, he didn't do anything wrong to me." I tried to reason with him, unable to comprehend why he was becoming so frustrated whenever I was alone with Jungkook. Was it because he didn't trust him to revert to his former self? Or that they are in some misunderstanding?

"Tae, there's no need for you to be angry--"

"Y/n, I'm not angry about what you're thinking. This is something you can't understand, being the innocent person that you are," he said, using the word "innocent" in a way that left her puzzled.

What did he mean by that? I'm a grown adult, married even, and yet he claimed I was innocent.

She looked up at Taehyung as he took hold of her hand. "Tell me, y/n, did he touch you?"

Y/n couldn't comprehend Taehyung's words or the implication behind them. What did he mean by "touching" her? Her innocence and limited understanding left her even more confused as she searched his eyes for an explanation.

"Tae, what do you mean by 'touching'?" she asked, her voice tinged with a mix of innocence and curiosity. She is used to Taehyung and Jungkook touching her, they used to hold her hand and even hug sometimes and had a feeling Taehyung wasn't referring to those.

"Jungkook hasn't done anything bad to me. He didn't hurt me or do anything wrong. I promise."

Taehyung's grip on her hand tightened, his expression clouded with a mixture of protectiveness and concern.

"Y/n, it's not just about physical touch," he replied gently, trying to find the right words. "I'm worried about his intentions and how he might influence you emotionally. I don't want him to take advantage of your innocence."

Y/n's brows furrowed, her childlike understanding struggling to grasp Taehyung's concerns.

Before Y/n could utter a word, the bathroom door swung open, revealing the man who made her heart race.

He stood before them, his upper body bare, adorned only in sweatpants that showcased his flexed muscles and glistening skin. A towel was draped around his neck as he used it to dry his damp hair.

Y/n's cheeks flushed red as her eyes shamelessly wandered over his physique, unable to tear her gaze away. Jungkook noticed her stare and in response, he offered a playful wink and his signature smirk, causing her heart to race even faster.

"Why are both of you still here? Haven't you had breakfast yet?" he asked, his voice laced with amusement.

"We were waiting for you, Jungkook," Y/n replied, her voice slightly shaky as she forced herself to tear her eyes away from his captivating form. "If you're ready, we can have breakfast together."

Jungkook shrugged casually, a confident grin playing on his lips. "I'm fine like this. It's more comfortable to be shirtless since I'm feeling hot," he explained, seemingly unfazed by Y/n's evident attraction.

Y/n smiled at both of them, attempting to regain her composure.

Taehyung couldn't believe what he was witnessing. The man who stood before them, Jungkook, seemed completely indifferent to Taehyung's presence. His attention was solely focused on Y/n, and it was clear that he was flirting with her shamelessly.