ᵖʳᵒˡᵒᵍᵘᵉ

𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

"drop that box right there," Willow murmured absently, settling a box on the marble counter.

I admired the apartment, setting down the box on the counter. Willow was frantically pacing through the room, adjusting the couches in the correct directions, fluffing the throw pillows, arranging the magazines on the coffee tables. I smile at the way her blonde hair accompanies her like the golden sun.

She'd always been a control freak of sorts. She loved being organized, aesthetic panoramas, embellishing plant pieces dispersed throughout the apartment.

"Are you sure don't mind Sam moving in," I ask, throwing the last decorated throw pillow on the left side of the couch.

"Absolutely not! I'm so so excited. Danny, Matt, and Zoey should be here soon. Zoey fucking sucks with time."

I descend into the leather couch and hug the throw pillow in my arms.

"This is the rest of our lives isn't it?"

Willow bites at her nail, staring into the suspended mirror sitting on the wall across from them. There we are. Her hair falls like golden honey down her shoulders. Her glowing skin reflects like flowers. She's beautiful. And then there's me. My hair is pulled into a messy bun, curls are falling out of the ribbon holding it up. My lips are stained a deep, bloody red from my sigma red liquid lipstick i had mistakenly wore night before. There are still mascara stains on my cheeks.

"I guess."

      "So, here's what I'm thinking

"So, here's what I'm thinking. Lails, this will be your room, the room right across from yours will be Danny's. Then, to your right- Sam's? Um, Matt's room beside her's. Then Zoey and then I'll take the very last room."

I hung my arm around Willow's shoulder, nuzzling my nose against her cheek as she scurried towards the last room on the right.

Willow always had enough energy to take on the world. That was her specialty. You'd give her responsibility and she'd perform it in seconds. That was exactly what drew me to her in the sixth grade.