♦ True Colors (Chara x Reader) [Angst] [Part 1]

This is a long one sorry lol

Word Count: 1308
~~~~~~~~~~~

You and all your friends from the Underground were trying to get used to life on the surface with other humans. You were living with Sans and Papyrus in their new house, while your sibling, or siblings, lived with Asriel, Toriel, and Asgore. Although, you can't say you were too fond of Chara living with Frisk without you there.

Needless to say, you didn't trust Chara. They did possess your sibling and killed everyone in the Underground, including you. Even after Frisk had done a reset and tried to explain to you how they've somehow "changed", you didn't believe it. You refused to.

At the moment, though, you had to hide your resentment when they visited your place, for Frisk's sake. Your mother made the point that you all had to spend as much time together as possible. You were siblings, after all.

Well, some of us, you thought.

You and Sans were sitting on the couch waiting for said siblings to arrive.

Sans seemed to notice your aggravated expression and spoke up. "It'll be over before you know it, kiddo," he stated, keeping his eyesockets closed.

"Oh, it'll be over real soon once I grip my hands around their throat," you grumbled.

Sans snickered. "Believe me, I'm no happier about it than you are, but we gotta at least pretend to like them."

You rolled your eyes.

"Just try. For Frisk."

Sighing, you silently gave in as your conversation was interrupted.

"HUMAN _____! HUMAN FRISK, HUMAN CHARA, AND PRINCE ASRIEL SHOULD BE HERE ANY MOMENT! ARE YOU EXCITED?" Papyrus gushed.

No. But you couldn't tell him that, so you tried to match his unbridled energy.

"Sure am! Super excited..," you lied with a fake smile plastered on your face. You heard Sans chuckle next to you and you glared at him.

As if on cue, there was a knock at the door.

"OH, THEY'RE HERE! JUST IN TIME TOO! I JUST FINISHED THIS BATCH OF SPAGHETTI!"

You groaned and got up from the couch begrudgingly. Before opening the door, you put on your best fake smile.

"Hello, my child," Toriel greeted with a grin.

You leaned up as she hugged you. "Hey, mom. It's good to see you."

"HELLO, YOUR MAJESTY!" Papyrus shouted from the kitchen.

"'Sup, Tori," Sans acknowledged.

*You jumped up and hugged your older sibling happily.

"Hi, Frisk! Asriel, you haven't grown since I've last seen you, have you?"

The goat child gave you his most adorable pout. "Maybe an inch or two," he sulked.

"By the way, you guys. Long time no see! Where have you been?"

*You told _____ that you would've visited sooner.

"Sorry, _____," Asriel laughed, "We've been pretty busy lately."

*You added that Toriel wouldn't let you come visit by yourselves.

"That is because you all are far too young to be venturing on your own, my child," Toriel shunned.

"Sucker," you muttered to Frisk, earning a glare from Toriel. "Sorry."

"We do come bearing gifts. We figured you'd want some dessert after dinner." She held out a large pie. It was still steaming even after the long walk from the Capital to your house; she must've used fire magic to keep it warm.