I Love You, Darling. Always.

She couldn't breathe. Everything hurt. With every passing second, the pain only grew. This was it. Seeing her wife's tear soaked face and hearing her saying she was going to be okay through a watery voice, it just confirmed what Peggy already knew: this was where she will die.

"Stay with me, Pegs." Dottie cried as she tried to stop the bleeding. "Please don't leave me."

Peggy gripped Dottie's hand with a the strength she could muster, making Dottie stop what she was doing and focus all of her attention on her wife. "Dottie...."

"Yes? Pegs? You're gonna be okay-"

"No...." Peggy winced. "I'm not...."

"Yes you will!" Dottie's voice cracked as the tears fell harder. "Someone is on the phone, the ambulance will be here soon. Don't go, baby. Just hang on, please."

A tear fell from Peggy's eyes. She wasn't sure what hurt worse: the physical pain in her ribs from the metal pole that she was currently stuck on or the emotional pain in her heart seeing the love of her life this scared. "Dot.... please.... don't cry...."

"I'm not crying, Peggy." Dottie very obviously lied, failing at keeping her voice from shaking.

"You're.... bleeding." Peggy said, weakly reaching up to touch the blood that was trickling down the side of her face.

"I'm fine." Dottie held Peggy's hand, trying to savour these last few moments. "When you get out of the hospital, we're gonna go somewhere nice. A little vacation, just me and you."

"We can.... go to that.... resort.... you wan-" Peggy began to cough, blood coming out of her mouth as pain grew and the blood spilled faster.

"Peggy?" Dottie panicked. "Peggy, stop! Don't do that!"

Peggy tried her hardest to stop, but she just couldn't get that breath. It was time. It was-

Suddenly she was being lifted. Suddenly the pain was burning. Suddenly she was in Dottie's arms. Suddenly she could breathe.

She felt Dottie's leg under her and her hand over her gaping wound, both applying pressure. "You're not allowed to leave me, Peggy Carter. I love you too much. Please, fight. If you can't fight for you then fight for me."

Peggy didn't know what to do. The terrified look on Dottie's face was killing her, but the fight was so hard. She tried, she really tried, but it wasn't enough. She could feel herself slipping, she could hear the sirens, she could see the light- the sirens?

"Over here!" She could hear Dottie screaming.

~~~~~

Dottie's screams sounded scared, but it was rightfully so. Dottie was terrified. She'd never been this scared in her life. She looked down at Peggy, her skin getting more pale, her breaths becoming more shallow, the life slowly draining from her. She saw the twitch of a smile when Peggy noticed the ambulance, bringing her hope. Hope that Peggy would live. Hope that Peggy would be okay.

"See, Peggy?" Dottie chuckled through her tears. "I told you it would be okay, I told you the ambulance would get here soon."

Peggy looked at her again, her entire being just so fragile. She could feel Peggy start to go limp and her heart started racing. Her fear amplified itself as she felt Peggy's hand start to loosen its grip on her. "Peggy, no! Peggy, just a little longer! Please!"

"Dottie...."

"Yes, Peggy?"

"I love.... you, dar- darling."

"I love you, too, Peggy." Dottie cried.

"Always...." Peggy breathed out, her eyes drooping shut and hand falling to her side.