GGO Newbie/ The UFG

Devil POV

It all started awhile ago. I had never played MMORPG's before. I was excited though. I am a badass gamer in my own right. Anyway, I get a text from a friend who you know as Kureha to enter GGO. Honestly, still to this day, I don't know why I answered.

Flashback

I have just logged into GGO. This is my first MMORPG and I'm super nervous. Everything looks very cool though. I can't believe this looks so real and yet it is virtual. As I am admiring the scenery, I hear a voice.

???: Sorry about that.

I look and turn to see a girl dressed in pink with pink hair. For a second I thought she was from Lazytown.

???: Signing up for the tournament took longer than I thought.

I walk over to her with a smile.

Devil: Hey. Long time no see, Kureha.

Kureha: I'm surprised you recognized me since I look so different. Anyway, let's hurry up since the tournament is about to start. Do you need a background teaching session?

Devil: No. I looked it up on the internet.

Kureha: Huh. I'm impressed.

We heard some squealing nearby. It was a boy surrounded by many girls.

Kureha: It's Itsuki. He's one of the top players in GGO.

Devil: He looks like a model.

Kureha: That's what your paying attention to?

Itsuki leaves the girls and walks over to us. I can already tell I'm not going to like him. Something seems off. I don't want to give a bad impression. I could be wrong.

Itsuki: Hello. You must be Kureha. I've heard about you. You're famous from jumping from squad to squad.

Kureha: That's me. I'm flattered that you know me.

Itsuki: Of course. Who is this? He's a newbie isn't he? I can see he has the beginner gear.

Kureha: This is Devil. I invited him to come play with me. This is his first MMORPG though.

Itsuki: Huh. Well, welcome to GGO.

End of Flashback

Maverick: Who is this Itsuki person? Everyone talks about him as if he's gone or something.

Devil: He didn't seem bad at first. We had no idea what was coming.

Flashback

Itsuki had just walked away from me and Kureha.

Kureha: Ready?

Devil: Ready as I'll ever be.

Kureha and I entered the tournament where she taught me the ropes. I learned very quickly which impressed her.

Kureha: That's about it. You're a natural at this.

Devil: You've seen me play video games before. Are you really that surprised?

Kureha: Haha. You have a point.

Kureha and I keep walking until we come face to face with Itsuki and his partner.

Itsuki: Look at what we have here.

Kureha: Devil, as soon as you get a chance to run, get out of here. Itsuki is very talented and I'm sure his partner is as well.

Itsuki: That is a good idea but it won't do you any good. Kureha will be by herself and I'm sure you'll get oneshoted, newbie.

Devil: So you'll shoot us either way?