𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*( chapter 5! )*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

five | I come back from the dead

third-person pov

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

HELEN WOKE UP AT THE CAR CRASH. She was six again, throwing a tantrum because she did not have the new barbie.

No, Helen thought. She knew what was going to happen next. Please don't say it.

"Daddy, please buy it for me," she felt herself say, even though she hadn't opened her mouth. The words felt far away, as if she were underwater.

She saw as the charmspeak did its effect. Her father turned around slightly, taking his eyes away from the road for just a second. But that second was enough for a truck to come out of nowhere.

Helen woke with a start, the last thing she remembered from her dream was the lights of the truck shining on her face.

She felt like puking everything in her stomach. She gated when that happened, she hated when her own conscience wanted to make her feel bad when she already knew she was to blame for her father's passing. The feeling was always there. The guilt she felt whenever she used her 'gift'.

She remembered the flower shop her dad worked at, the place he met her mother.

The flower shop used to be her grandmother's, but as she got older, the less she could work for her father's student loan at college, so he worked there to help his mother. He was 19 when he met Aphrodite, and like any other mortal, he fell in love. When Helen came, he had to quit college and work at the flower shop fulltime. But he never resented her for it.

Helen grew up at the magical place. She remembered imagining that she was a faerie in her kingdom of flowers, and her dad would play along and be a valiant prince. Now, Helen only wanted to go back. Tears pricked at her eyes as she stared at the ceiling of the infirmary.

"Hel," she heard a quiet voice say at the door. Helen had been so immersed in her thoughts, she hadn't noticed the entrance of her friend.

Michael Yew was a relatively new camper. He entered camp a few months ago and had been claimed by Apollo a month after his arrival. Helen had been in charge of giving him his tour around camp. He was a year older than her, and although he had quite an attitude, he was a nice guy when he warmed up to you.

"Hey, Mike," Helen smiled slightly at him, feeling a small pain in her head. She felt the world spin around her as she tried to sit up.

Micheal hurried to her side, helping her sit up and handed her a glass filled with a golden liquid. Nectar. Helen took the drink and sipped from it. She sighed, it tasted like her halmeoni's hot choco. Her grandma wanted her to learn korean, as it was her heritage, but she could only learn a few words. She missed her a lot, but she had passed shortly after her father had. The thought made her feel worse. She would never taste her hot choco again.