Chapter 5

^ Outfits for chapter ^

Fear gripped me hard as I froze. The hand around my neck squeezed; I can't breathe. I claw at his hand and he laughs and releases. "You smell like those Cullen's." He spat out in distaste . "Always thinking they're high and mighty just because they feed on animals. Pathetic." He looks at me and drops his gaze towards my stomach.

"Hmmm. Twins? My hearing never fails me. Too bad they'll die along with you." His hand tightens and he tilts my head back. Before he gets any closer I spray the maze in his eyes. For a split second his distracted and I knee him where the sun doesn't shine and run. And holy shit, he had balls of steel.

I don't make it far because the same hand wrap around my throat and I'm shoved against the wall. Pain radiates across my spine and my head bounces as my vision swims. He smiles and reveals fangs, "Bad girl." And moves to take a bite. But the hands leave me all together.

I gasp for air on my knees when cold hands touch me tenderly. I cry out and move away, wrapping my arms around my stomach "Genevieve, look at me." It's Rosalie. The beautiful, blonde angel crouches in front of me. "I know you're scared but I need you to trust me. I won't hurt you." I nod shakily. She picks me carefully. I look over to see what's happening but she shields me from it. "Don't look."

I put my head in the nape of her neck and the wind whips around us. We end up in the living room of the Cullen's home. She set me on the couch and zoomed in the direction of the kitchen and came back with a glass of water.

"The rest will be back soon and Carlisle will explain everything." I drank the water slowly, breathing in and out to calm my nerves. After a few minutes if silence. The rest for the family walked in.

Bella spoke first, "We're vampires." I put my hands over my face and laughed hoarsely. "I kinda figured that out already, but thank you for pointing that out."

They all looked confused. "Aren't you going to ask us what we eat?" It was Edward this time.

"The other dude beat you to it. Animals. I'm guessing that's why all your eyes are gold." Carlisle nods, "Let's go up to my office."

When we were in his office he checked over me and the babies. Both were fine and I just needed rest and ice for my bruised knee. He also explained what happened with Bella and Edward from the beginning; James and his mate Victoria, them leaving, the fight, and the Volturi. He showed me a picture of Renesmee, she was the exact copy of both her parents. They explained that both her and Jacob, her imprint, were staying with their cousins in Denali for the past few weeks, along with travelling. But they'd be home soon.

"Who are the Volturi?" I asked Carlisle after he finished explaining. "They're the kings of the vampire world. They have rules to keep other covens in check from exposing who we are to the humans, and no immortal children."

I looked down at my belly and back at him. "What happens when a human finds out?" He sighed and put a comforting hand on my shoulder, "They'd kill you and dispose of the coven who are associated with you." I felt bile rise up to my throat and ran to the nearest bathroom and dropped to my knees.

A pair of hands held my hair up until I was done. Esme looked down at me with sad eyes. "I promise, we all will protect you if it came to that." She helped me stand up and gave me an extra toothbrush and clothes. "Bella messaged her father and told him you're staying the night. The guest rooms ready, three doors to you left."

I thanked her and said goodnight. After I finished I walked towards the room and laid down the bed and fell asleep knowing I was safe.

When I woke up it was already 9:30, so I decided to get changed into clothes that were left on the foot of the bed. I brushed my teeth and changed into a white v-neck, black jeans ripped at the knees, a soft thredded pink cardigan and white converse. When I finished braiding my hair in a fishtail I walked downstairs.

Esme was in the kitchen with a smile on her face cooking. She turned she pointed to the barstool. "I figured you'd be hungry." And put a plate of chocolate chip pancakes, whooped cream, syrup, and a hashbrown. "Esme, if you keep feeding me like this I might never leave." She laughed, "It's nice to cook for someone who'll actually eat."

That's right, I forgot they didn't eat. I couldn't imagine a world without eating. I dug in without hesitation. When I finished I washed my dishes even though Esme told me not to. When I got to the living room, mostly everyone was in there.

"How're you feeling?" I was surprised Rosalie asked but replied anyways, "Good, everything's fine."

"So, what kind of powers do each of you have?" Emmett smirks. "I'm super strong." He flexes his muscles. I snort, "Okay, big bear calm down. Wouldn't want you to hurt yourself." Everyone laughs. He goes on and explains everyone's powers one by one.

When he's done I immediately look towards Edward. "Can you, uh, maybe stay out of my head?" He nods, "it's hard me as it is to read you. Unless when you're gaurds down, it almost sounds like a buzzing sound."

"Well, that's co- Woah!" I place my hand on my stomach. They all look worried so I explain, "I think I just felt one of them move." And they all sigh in relief. Rosalie tentatively stands next to me, "May I?" I smiled and guided her hand. The flutter happens again, and I don't think I've ever seen Rosalie more happy than this since I've seen her.

I stayed a few more hours and met Renesmee and Jacob. Both were absolutely nice to me. Nessie, as she told me to call her, and I bonded over Supernatural, and other shows. I left with Esmes cookies she made and went straight to my bedroom.

I slept peacefully, dreams plagued with the same three handsome men.

_____________________

Note: Guess who's showing up soon? ;)