Memories

He exited the crater he had made. His hands stayed in his pockets. Hush walked through no man's land. He dodged magic here and there. Before he could make it to the Keg's trenches he was forced to draw his sword to smack away some spells. He hopped into the trenches, "Yo!" he smiled at the troops and peeked up at the enemies. He spotted a familiar face in one of the soldiers at the front like triggering a flashback. 

Tobio's look had drastically changed since his days of school. He used to have red hair and shining purple eyes. He dressed colorful too, to match his hair and eyes. Now his hair was black, his eyes were dark purple and he stricly only wore black. His head flooded of memories. "Get up loser," a familiar voice said to him. He reached out a hand as Sun pulled him up. "Thanks, come on i've got hours in me!" Tobio roared at Sun. They had just started sparring. "Whatever," Sun chuckled and got into the ready position. They were close, "Maybe you'll beat me this time." Sun smirked his green eyes full of fire and spirit. Sun was his best friend, so he had thought. 

Tobio fell to his knees in the trenches coming back to the present. "Medic!' shouted Sun, not the type of guy to question when someone was in need. He rushed to Tobio's side. "Hey are you alright?" he thought he looked familiar put couldn't put his tongue on it. 

"Buzz off you monkey looking bastard." he said firmly slapping his hand away and standing up on his own. He checked himself making sure he was still armed. "Drat," Sun said to himself. Something he had often said when he felt helpless. Sun wasn't ready to give up yet, "What's your name big fellow? You don't seem very strong, I wondered how you walked from there all the way here."

"It's Kazuma Rhoto, call me Kazuma. Now leave me the hell alone," he said coldly in his natural voice. 

"You're the famous reaping demon aren't you?! I thought you looked familiar, no doubt! It's you in the posters," he got on his knees and bowed his head. "Mr Reaping Demon sir, I humbly ask of your assistance in this fight. We have lost many men are frankly weren't ready for this. I can tell you aren't strong but any help wouldn't go unlooked."

"Take out the 13... no 14 snipers watching the baddlefield. Just look for dense small amounts of magic. They'll go for accuracy meaning they're definitevly this army's snipers. I'll take on the main force." Hush said to him. 

"Kazuma! That's suicide they have at least 300 men! Even our weakest soldiers could take you out.. no offense but aren't you just an assassin?" Sun asked the big man. 

Tobio slid behind Sun in a mere second grabbing him and holding his sword against his neck, "Do it." he said quietly before letting him go. Sun nodded and told his troops to focus on the snipers. "Been a while hasn't it." A twisted smiled came across Hush's face. He wrote his magical enchantments. Speed, penetration, fortitude, magic enhancement, suppression, and power. Finally he was ready.

He ran into the battle field unarmed making it all the way across in mere seconds. He slid down into the trenches. He walked silently to the nearest batch of soldiers. He dashed at them and sliced them, all up before they could react. Some troops responded to the single scream that had echoed from that fight. This time 20 troops rushed to engage Tobio. He took his sword out and took a deep breath before sheathing it once more. Multiple troops had lost limbs or had their jugular cut open. Many died leaving it to 13. Half injured half full functioning. 

"Someone bring me a challengE!" He laughed to himself. Before getting hit by a magical mist attack. "Tickles..." he dashed at the person who had attacked him. He punched, the soldier ducked. Tobio drove his knee into his ducking skull. His head dissapeared from the blow. "Who's mext?" his face was bloodied for the blow. It looked like he longed for more. A few ran. Only 8 remained. They all attacked at once. But before it even hit the ground he had used all 6 bullets in his revolver. There were only two left. One begged for his life, his face got slammed into the dirt of the trench as his face got broken and distorted against the earth. "That looks painful," Hush smiled. 

The last one ran, 'Don't be a pussy!' he shouted and took his knife out throwing it. It pierced his heart and his legs gave out instantly. He walked over ripping the knife out. 'What's this?" A gifted knight was coming towards him. He cleaned the blade and waited. A senior knight met him there a few seconds after. Rex the knight spoke "Poor things I assume you're responsible for this?" He pointed at Tobio. 

"What if I am?" Tobio smiled. 

Rex responded with "You twisted devil!" before he could react Tobio was behind him. He turned as tobio kicked him. He didn't have time to put his guard up. Rex got sent flying back wards. He landed on his stomach, "You've got some fight in you," Rex coughed up blood but stood. Firing magic barrages at Hush. Hush easily avoided them dodging in and out. 

'I thought you could at least entertain me," Tobio yawned and pulled out his pistol aiming for the head. He shot, in that instant Rex appeared in front of him. Before being able to pull the trigger again he was sent up in the air by a strong uppercut. Rex shot his signature Fleeting Fireball at Hush. Hush took it and went flying further away in the trenches. Rex had smiled in his victory. 

Hush groaned against the ground. "Fuck.. couldn't write a spell fast enough. So he can boost his muscles.. hmmm muscle enhancement. Must have done it while I waas dodging." He slowly got up. "Two maybe three or four broken ribs," he said to himself. Someone charged him with a fire sword. Hush punched him aside with one hand as the other held his ribs. "This is getting me excited!" he calmed his breathing as he stood up straight. "Nothing piercing my lungs.. good." Hush wrote in the air a long spell for momentarily mending. It allowed his bones to mend for a while making it easier to continue combat. He laid against the wall for a moment. 

The Keg's kingdom had pushed up. They had just arrived at his position. Sun ran to him seeing him, "Are you injured?"

"No. I made a mistake. I'll finish this fast." he said sternly. 

Another flashback was coming. The class had entered a dungeon and he had taken serious damage. Sun ran to him and asked him the same question. Sun was always there, he always cared. Even for the weak, the truth was Tobio was weak. He was always weaked, never skilled with good or powerful magic abilities. Sun was always strong. One of the strongest in their entire grade at the time. 'Why did he turn his back then' was all Tobio could think about. 'Why did he suddnely leave me!'

He woke up on the battlefield. His eyes red and his body shaking from shock. The enemy had taken the last few minutes to take advantage of his breakdown. They pushed the soldiers back and he woke up to a fist pound his stomach. It was Rex. Rex went in for another swing but this time Hush prepared flexing his stomach. Rex's hand broke against his stomach. "I'm done playing and being childish." He drew his danger and slashed his throat open in a second. He whiped the blood off his face. "Time for hell to be brought to the overworld!!"