1

AYA

My name is Nayana Rogers, Aya for short. I'm 16 years old and I live in Bangkok, Thailand. I study in Bangkok University. I am 5'4 and I have a toned body since I like working out and doing Muay Thai. I have a silky long brown hair. My eyes are hazel brown just like my father's. Most of my features came from him. My mother is Thai and my father is British which makes me interracial. I live here with my mom while my dad's in the UK working on our business. From time to time he comes home to spend time with us.

I'm in a dark room, standing in front of a small crowd. Their eyes focused on me. There was light but it was shining only upon me, my guitar's strapped around my body, there's a microphone placed right in front of me, my right hand holding my pick, ready to strum.

I closed my eyes and started singing my own composed song in front of strangers. As I was reaching at the end of the song, my vision's slowly turning black and started hearing a bell.

"Aya, wake up!" I felt someone grab my arm and started shaking me.

I opened my eyes and realized that I was dreaming. Great. Today's our last day of 10th grade, yet I fell asleep. Again.

I got sad because ever since I was young, I've always wanted to become a musician and to perform in front of many people. Yes, I write my own songs but I keep it to myself for now. I also post covers in YouTube but soon I'll be releasing my own songs. I only have a few viewers and my channel's not that big yet but someday I hope it all works out.

I stood up from my armchair and roamed my eyes through the room and saw that it's empty. Chai and I are the only ones left in the room. Chai walked towards the door and peeked outside.

"Who are you looking for?" I questioned and let out a giggle even though I already know the answer.

"Win of course." She answered. They've been together for 8 months. Win is 1 year older than us. He's my best friend since we were kids. He always waited for Chai every after dismissal. Sometimes I go with them, sometimes I don't. Of course I still respect their privacy even though I'm their best friend.

The reason why they got together was because of me. I'm the one who introduced Chai to Win because Chai had been crushing on him for years but she didn't tell me. She only opened up to me last year. They could've been together for a lot longer if she told me earlier. She was shocked when she found out that Win's my childhood best friend. Win always had girls chasing him but only Chai won his heart.

My mother and Win's mother had been best friends ever since they were in college and up until now, their friendship still remains the same. Win and I have been practically best friends since we were babies. To me, he's like the brother I never had since I'm an only child in our family. I know in a relationship between two bestfriends,the other one tends to fall in love with the other, but that's not the case for me. I never thought of Win as my lover, I only see him as a friend and a brother and it will remain that way.

I've never experienced falling in love before. I mean, there are a few boys who confessed their love to me but I didn't give them a chance. I wasn't ready and I wanted to focus on my studies and I still do. I avoid falling in love as much as possible because I'm afraid to get attached. In 2 years, I'll be leaving the country and will be settling in England for good. I want to study music and pursue my music career there. I don't want to be hurt and to hurt someone else's feelings. I don't want to leave them hanging.