Chapter 20

"So, this asylum is actually pretty relaxed, it's not one of the more… intense asylums." Dan nodded a

little and continued to look around as we walked back down the residents' hallway. "Do you remember the guy that came out with me to greet you in the lobby?" He looked over at me a little confused and shook his head. I smiled a little out of awkwardness before speaking again. "Well, my friend Frank is fairly new, so if you're having any… newbie problems, he'll be able to relate the most." He smiled a little and nodded.

He furrowed his eyebrows a little before he spoke. "Uh, I have a question, actually…" I smiled a little

and nodded, encouraging him to ask. "Uh, if you just have um…"

"Borderline Personality Disorder."

"Uh, right. If you're just here for that… why do you wear a straight jacket?"

I smiled and laughed a little from embarrassment. "Uh, I have burns on my arms and I would try to

scratch or rub at them when I first got them… Now I just wear it because it makes me feel more comfortable." He nodded a little and we walked in silence for  a few minutes.

"They're probably going to put me in a straight jacket." I frowned and jumped a little when the door

next to us opened suddenly. Mikey stepped into his doorway and looked between Dan and I a few times.

"Mikey." I smiled at him and Dan quietly stood close by, and I actually mean close by, the sleeve of

his black long sleeve t-shirt was brushing against my straight jacket. "This is Dan, he's new here."

"Could you drop him off to Gerard? I wanna find out what's going on with you."

I frowned a little, "Mikes… He just got here." I saw slight anger grow in his eyes. I turned to Dan and

he looked up from the ground just to look me in the eye quickly. I sighed and looked at Mikey again. "Okay, come on Dan." I wrapped my arm around Dan's shoulders and I felt anger come from Mikey in waves and I frowned. I looked over to see Dan staring at me, "What?" He shook his head and the conversation stopped as we stepped up to Gerard's door.

I opened it and covered my mouth, trying not to laugh. I looked over at Dan to see that his eyes had

grown wide and that he didn't quite know how to react. I looked into the room again and I could hear the slight laughter in my voice as I asked, "Not interrupting, are we?"

Gerard and Frank looked up at us, caught off guard; Frank's face was beat red. Gerard laughed a little

and gave a slightly guilty smile. "Haha, hey James." Frank kept staring at me with his face completely red.

"It's about time you two got together." If you hadn't guess by now, we had walked in on them making

out. "I'm just glad you two weren't naked." Gerard laughed and Frank kind of smiled. "Anyway," I turned to Dan, who had returned to his normal, quiet self, before speaking again. "This is Dan. He's the newbie, uh… Mikey wanted me to drop him off with you guys but uh…"

"I'll be sure to keep them in check." I turned around in time to see Dan jump from Ray suddenly

appearing behind him.

"Ray!" I practically threw myself at him and he caught me in a hug.

"Go back to your boyfriend, I'll take care of the new guy." Ray ruffled my hair and smiled at Dan.

"You don't have to worry, I'm not from this place, I'm just visiting for the day." Dan looked over at me before returning his gaze to Ray and nodding. Ray turned to me again before speaking, "Go away!" I stuck my tongue out at him before I walked back down to Mikey's room.