Chapter 3: Forks, Washington

Bella's POV

It's already September and school has already started in Forks. The first thing I want to do is go see Edward. The plane landed an hour ago and I need to make a plan. Then it came to me, I was going to lure Edward to the meadow. I would reveal my identity there.

Once I reached the woods I took off at full speed, faster than vampires can go. It took me about an hour before I reached the town of Forks. I walk slowly to the school, then I waited until it was lunch time before I went inside.

I walked straight to the cafeteria and looked around for Edward. He saw sitting at a table all by himself, none of the other Cullen's were there. I walked over to him and sat down. I looked at him, I noticed his eyes had turned black. It was just like the first time I sat next to him. I told him, "meet me in the meadow in five minutes." Then I got up and walked out of the building. After I entered the tree line I took off at full speed to the meadow, then I waited for him.

He arrived in the meadow, his eyes were still black with hunger. He asked me, "How did you get here so fast?" I replied, "the same way you did Edward." Then he asked, "How do you know my name?" He didn't remember me, what the hell was up with that. I told him, "My name is Bella Swan." Then I put my hood down. I asked him, "Don't you remember me?" He replied, "No, I don't." I told him, "I know that your a vampire." 

Suddenly I remembered what Aro had said, "In Washington, If he ever sees you again, he will not recognize you."  They had to somehow erase all of their minds the memories that had me in them. I yelled, "Damn those Volturi!" He asked, "How do you know about them?" I said flatly, "they kidnapped me a few months ago." Then he asked, "how did you get away from them?" I told him, "I escaped and hid for two months, then I killed the two that found me. I wonder if the rest of the Volturi had found out yet." Then I told him, "The Volturi must have erased the memory of me from all of your covens minds. You have a thirst for my blood, your eyes are still black. The first time I met you, you looked like you hated me. " Earlier today I had found a rock that would easily cut me, I pulled out of my pocket. He watch my every move as I pulled out the rock. I quickly slit my wrist, he looked like he was going to attack me, but he didn't. I asked him, "Do you remember me now?" He said, "No." I told him, "Taste it, then you might remember me." He replied, "no, I won't." I told him, "you won't kill me, I can stop you from draining me dry." 

He slowly walked up to me, He grabbed my wrist and drank a little of it. He stopped quickly and backed away from me. I licked my wrist to close the cut, it disappeared quickly. I asked him, "Do you remember me now?" He replied, "I still don't remember you."

He suddenly said, "I have class in three minutes, I better get going." I told him, "I will see you very soon." I ran off in an opposite direction, I headed to the hospital to see Carlisle.

It only took me five minutes to reach the hospital, I put my hood back up before I went inside. I walked up to the front desk and said, "I need to see Dr. Cullen please, it's urgent." The nurse said, "I will get him for you." A minute later, she was back with Carlisle. Carlisle told me to follow him, he lead me to his office. He motioned for me to sit down and I did. 

He suddenly asked me, "How may I help you?" I put my hood down and asked, "Do you remember me?" He gave me a strange look, he replied, "I don't know who you are?" I told him, "I know your family is made up of vampires. I thought at least you would remember me. Edward doesn't even remember. I hate those damn Volturi, they kidnapped me a few months ago and I finally got enough money to get back here." I took the rock out again and slit my wrist. I asked him, "Do you remember me now?" 

It was a moment before he said anything, "Bella Swan. That scent and the scar is bringing up memories." I lick my wound shut, it disappeared in a few seconds. I told him, "I went to see Edward, he doesn't even remember me." Carlisle asked, "What did you do to try to make him remember you?" I replied, "I cut my wrist and kind of made him drink a little of it." He responded, "Edward might remember you in a few days, it'll happen soon, don't worry Bella."

I took a few deep breaths before saying, "I've killed two vampires from the Volturi coven." When I said that his eyes had widen, he asked, "How did you even kill a vampire, you're a human." I told him, "I have the characteristics of a vampire. I can out run them and I am stronger then one too." He just nodded his head in understanding. I told Carlisle, "I need to show Edward I can defend myself from vampires. I'll slit my wrist a hundred yards from the house. I'll just need you to bring Jasper outside for the attack. Will you please do that for me?" Carlisle replied, "Yes, I will do it for you Bella." I asked him, "Will seven o'clock be a good time to do this?" He replied, "Seven o'clock will work out just fine." I told him, "I will see you later than." Then I left and headed towards the Cullen's mansion.

Edward POV

I had a hard time focusing when I returned to the school. All I could think about was that Bella. Her blood smelled so sweet and quenched my thirst. When I caught the scent of her blood, the memory she had told me about came into my mind. Then when I tasted her blood another memory came into my mind, she had been bitten and I was sucking the venom out. I had a hard time stopping, until I looked at her face. She was my Bella, she had been taken from me by the Volturi. My Bella Swan has finally found her way back to me.

Carlisle's POV

 It was now seven o'clock, time to put the plan into action. I asked, "Jasper, may I speak to you alone outside please?" Jasper replied, "Certainly Carlisle." He followed me outside and soon he caught the smell of human blood.

Edward's POV

A few seconds later I caught the smell of human blood, Bella's blood. I heard Jasper think, "I need to taste that blood." I rushed outside to see him running at her. I yelled, "No! Bella!" 

Suddenly I saw Jasper fly at least a hundred feet backwards. This had anger him and he charged at her again. She yelled at him, "You better stop Jasper if you don't want to end up dead." I saw him stop dead in his tracks, he suddenly feared her. She licked her wound and was shut in seconds. He took off towards the house and went inside.

I saw Carlisle approaching Bella, he asked, "Are you alright Bella?" She replied, "I'm fine Carlisle." Bella told him, "I knew he would come after me when he smelled my blood." They had planned this, but why. 

Suddenly I heard her say, "Edward please come over here." I approached her with caution, I still couldn't read her mind. Carlisle said, "She's not going to hurt you Edward." She slowly started walking towards me, when she approached me she gave me a passionate kiss. Right then I had memories of her flow through my mind. Know I remember my love, my sweet little Bella Swan. 

I asked Bella, "Why did the Volturi take you my darling?" She replied, "They want my powers. I think they were going to change me into one of them, but as you can see I got away from them." I replied, "I'm happy your here now my Bella." 

Then asked Carlisle, "Can I stay here for a while? I fear the Volturi are going to come after me soon." Carlisle replied, "yes you can Bella?" We headed into the house.