It's wrong

This was supposed to be an easy mission, getting there, arresting the cult leader, going back home. A three step plan that the Marshal had been so sure about back in the meeting, despite everything he had been told about the Seeds. Even a newby like her knew that it was never easy with them. She had never crossed path with any of them at that point, but with all the stories Joey and Staci were telling her, she honestly was not eager to do so. As soon as she entered the church, no, just as the choper landed, she knew something was wrong. An anxious feeling gripping her guts, way different from what she usually felt when she was stressed : right now she was fearing for her life.
    The atmosphere inside was so tensed, all the cultist were looking at her and Earl with hate and fury in their eyes. The lack of air was making her head dizzy, she was suddenly feeling so weak...but she could not show it, not a single part of her was allowed to shake right now, otherwise she would immediately become a prey to all those hungry eyes. It was terrifying. Her legs were feeling like coton candy under the weight of her upper body, and her hands, holding the cuffs, were close to trembling. She gave herself a mental punch. 'You're a freaking deputy my girl ! Act like one and stop being a sissy. Just cuff the psycho after the Marshal finished his damn lecture and everything will be alright.' But deep down she knew it wasn't going to be alright, and even deeper something screamed she was focusing on the wrong thing here. Something was off, something was telling her to run away right now, there was something in the church that was not meant to be this close to her, or that she was not supposed to be this close to. She just hadn't seen it yet.
    The three of them were in the middle of the alley when they stopped walking, Earl and the Marshal were arguing about what to do in front of the cultist, a bad move. He held a piece of paper in front of him, starting to recite what he had been taught. It was almost funny how the main concerned was not listening. She didn't either, throwing quick glances right and left. Enraged cultist all around, ready to go down if their leader was in danger at any moment. Some of them were even armed, so much for respecting the saint building or whatever; she still noticed very few of them who were unfazed by the situation, like they didn't care. She looked straight forward again. Behind Joseph were three people. A big man, tall, ginger hair, army jacket, probably Jacob, she hadn't read the case seriously, thinking it would be over sooner than it would begin; she regretted it now. He looked like he coud break her neck with nothing but one hand. On the other side was a young woman, light brown hair, wearing a white dress and bare feet, she had the look of an angel like that, with the light behind her, she would have found her cute in any other situation. And at her left was the one person she hoped would not be there. He was the one she had specifically avoided since she had been moved here, because she knew him, and she was scared he recognized her as well, that would make everything so much more complicated. Short compared to his siblings, brown hair kept in shape by a pair of blue sunglasses, a brown beard and big blue eyes. John Seed was right here, in front of her, after just short of a decade, they had crossed paths again. Except it was in the worst way possible.
When they had met in college, she would have never though they would meet again like that, as the lawyer of a freaking cult. The worst part was that if she had played it off from the beginning, pretending not to recognize him at all, maybe he wouldn't have either. But right now they crossed eyes, and she saw in his that he knew, his whole face was giving it away. He probably was as surprised as she had been when she learned he was here, but she also saw fear in his gaze. Of what she could only guess, and she didn't had her mind to it. He fucking knew who she was and it was only going to make everything more complicated for the both of them. She had been staring for too long however, as the exasperated voice of the Marshall shook her out of her thoughts
"CUFF HIM ROOK"
He shouted to her, making her blench lightly. She sighed and got ready to handcuff Joseph, who was standing right in front of her, offering his hands to her. He murmured a "God won't let you take me", and she coudn't give less of a fuck. She did not believe in God. She put the cuffs on his wrists, but as she did so, something caught her eye. Behind the altar, next to the tall man she assumed was Jacob, was a small child. And the simple sight of her made her want to puke her guts out on the spot. Something was extremely wrong, and the child though the same, according to the face she was making. It was as if the simple existence of the other was an unnamable Eldrich horror  right out of the deepest parts of Hell.
She started to push Joseph out of the church, walking maybe a bit too fast behind Earl, trying to put as much space as she could between her and the unreasonable disgust she felt toward the kid. Walking toward the choper was easier to say than to do, now the cultist were all starting to get agitated and even violent. They were screaming at them, trying to reach for their leader while also not daring to get too close. 'They must think we're the devil itself' she though, 'taking their savior away and their hope of after life at the same time...'. She knew how crazy religious people acted. She knew it too well, and right now the though of the kid almost got drowned under the fear of them starting to attack. Earl was begging the Marshall to keep his gun in his holster, damn higher ups always ready to fire at anything they felt threatened by. She saw a rock flying in front of her, not aiming at anybody. That was bad, it was really bad. They were close now, she could hear Staci screaming to hurry. It was all going to be fine, once in the chope they would be safe, right ? She forced Joseph to hurry inside, pushing him as he climbed. She wasn't trying to hurt him or to rough him up, but panic was starting to take over. She sat in her seat and only now realized she was panting, cold sweat running down her back. She was safe. Not from the crazy people still around them, but from the sight of a single kid. She choke on her saliva when she started to have pictures flooding her mind, the were unfocused, weird, dolls, smiles, laughter, accompanied by singled words, sisters, mother, layers. It made her want to puke and hide into a hole. As Staci was starting to elevate the choper someone tried to climb in. Then all Hell broke loose. And all she could think about was the irrational though that neither her or the kid should have existed at the same place.