|17| To Rid a Rogue |

"Making you dinner." He said with humor in his accented voice.

"Breaking and entering is more like it." She leaned on the counter and watched him stir the pan with a towel tossed over his shoulder.

She eyed him from behind as he worked. She'd know that casual, elegant physique anywhere. She cleared her throat. "I thought you'd be in France."

"I was."

She leaned on the counter. "I knew you were resourceful, but less than a week?"

He looked at her over his shoulder, before turning to face her and leaning on the counter behind him. There was a deep silence with only the sound of the food cooking. "Come here, Bella."

Her insides started that hot molten lava thing forcing her to swallow a mouth full of saliva before she started toward him. She was very aware of what suddenly felt like coarse fabric from the shirt against her skin, or her damp ringlet curls grazing her shoulders. She slowed her approach and looked up at him.

"Closer."

She took a couple small steps closer to him, the quiet space only interrupted by the occasional noises from the stove. He grabbed the nape of her neck and pulled her, slowly to lean into him. Her fingers tingled from the heat of his skin that leached through the fabric of his dress shirt.

"You know who I am."

She licked her lips, her eyes falling to his mouth.

"Yet, you still came."

She glanced up at him from under her lashes searching his eyes, noting his furrowed brow. What was the man thinking?

"I do not want you to fear me." His thumb grazed her bottom lip.

"I don't."

"You probably should."

She looked down at her palms on his chest. "Why? Are you going to kill me?" She found his eyes again.

"I thought about it once or twice." He smirked, gazing down at her with some sort of calm adoration. "Now that I know who you are," he moved some hair aside. "I could never. But," he exhaled "I have enem--" She placed her fingertips over his soft warm lips and his dark eyes met hers.

"I don't care about them."

He moved a few curls away from her face. "But I do. Not for me, but for you, for my son."

"We'll protect him together."

The corner of his mouth lifted. "And you? Who will protect you?"

She raised an eyebrow. "If you're worried about me, you don't know who I am at all."

His handsome face broke into a full on smile before he closed the space between their mouths. "I know you, Bella. I do. I know that you are not afraid of death and that, that is what scares me."

She pulled his mouth down on hers silencing him. They both did dangerous things, but those things didn't matter. Not while she was plastered to his body, his hand drifting up her shirt, palms then over her ass, picking her up to place on the counter behind him.

She was working to remove his clothes while he made history of hers.

She moaned when he found her damp lower lips. She stroked his growing arousal, her insides heating up with anticipation.

Her head fell back and she arched toward his busy hands as they worked her. He pressed kisses down her neck, over her collarbone, and suckled on her erect nipples. She tangled her free hand into his thick dark hair loving the overwhelming feeling of having the man's attention.