Epilogue

2 years later

The collaboration between P&K Airlines and Cloud9 was a great success, with shares rising to prices higher than ever before. Sungjae and Sooyoung have managed to establish themselves as competent CEOs among the shareholders, gaining their confidence. They were the power couple in the business world, represented at almost every business conference and event. Both named in the 30 under 30 Forbes list, they also made sure to donate to charities when traveling for work, becoming known as philanthropists as well. Everyone wanted to be connected with them.

Even though they were known as an inseparable pair, they maintained their independence - whether it was running their companies or during their personal lives.

When Sungjae wanted to pursue a Masters Degree in finance, Sooyoung encouraged him and took over the administrative work of Cloud9.

When Sooyoung wanted to study for a second degree in communications, Sungjae did the same to her. He even gifted her a puppy as a graduation gift, Haetnim.

Life was great with just the two of them and Haetnim, but of course their parents had started to bug them about having children.

——

Sungjae and Sooyoung had talked about kids before. They had agreed to take at least a year for just the two of them. But while Sungjae anticipated having children, Sooyoung did not share his sentiments.

"Sooyoung-ah, are you still on birth control?" Sungjae tried to approach the topic one night after dinner.

They were cuddled up watching a movie on TV.

"Huh? Yeah I am," Sooyoung gives him a questioning look, "why'd you ask?"

Sungjae scratches his head.

"It's been more than a year. Do you think we can stop your birth control?" He softly asks, "I was thinking it's the right time for us to have kids."

Sooyoung was apprehensive as she mulled over his idea. She had feared this topic being brought up. Honestly she loved kids, but having one was too daunting. Firstly, she would have to take a break from work and who would want a CEO on maternity leave for months? There was the fear of post-natal depression as well. And how was she going to raise a kid when she was so busy? She and Sungjae frequently travelled for work. They had so much more to achieve and she didn't want a kid to delay their dreams. She also didn't want her kid to feel like it was his/her fault for preventing Sungjae and Sooyoung from doing what they wanted.

Sungjae reassuringly rubs her shoulders as he understood her silence.

"I know you're scared. I'm scared too! But don't you think parenting is about the experience? I don't think we can prepare much for it."

"But oppa, our companies? Work? Hell we don't even have time for a week-long holiday!"

"We can make time! We can send representatives overseas instead of making the short trips ourselves. I'll help run P&K while you're on leave just like how I did when you were studying. I'll make sure you won't lose out on anything."

Sooyoung chews her lower lip in consideration.

"I don't want want to have kids you know? I love children but it isn't such a need for me. I'm already contented enough with you and Haetnim." She softly answers while wrapping her arms around him.

"I know so why don't we take it slow. Take off the birth control pills first. We won't try to have kids but if you get pregnant we'll take it as fate." He answers while stroking the stray hairs away from her face.