Part One

(An unknown deep voice laughs. "Erabareshi Kodomotachi. This will be the end of your LIVES".)

(Scene changes.)

(Last week of August 2001.)

(Another busy day starts in the city of Odaiba. Summer vacation has almost come to an end. In a few days Taichi will start his new life at Odaiba Middle School. Yamato and Sora will tag along with him as well. Jyou will be in the second year of this school. Koushiro will be in the final year of Odaiba Elementary. Hikari will be in the fourth grade there. Mimi has settled with her parents in New York, U.S.A this month. Takeru will be in fourth grade in Kawada Elementary in Setagaya. These days Sora is learning Ike-bana from her mother. Yamato now practices guitar with his friends. At present Taichi is in the school soccer field, with his teammates. Koushiro is there too. They are practicing.)

Taichi: Koushiro! Pass Yamaguchi the ball!
Koushiro: Hai!

(He passes the ball to Yamaguchi. Yamaguchi is not playing along with their plans.)

Hirakawa: Oi! Did you forget the formation?
Yamaguchi: Sorry! Yagami,Take it!!

(Taichi takes the ball. Shoots it. Scores a goal.)

Koushiro: Yatta! Taichi-san, good job!

(Taichi gives his victory smile, shows thumbs up with his hand.)

(Break Time.)

Yamaguchi: As expected from our captain!

(Taichi gives him the obvious look.)

Taichi: Hmm... About you...
Yamaguchi: (embarrassed) Sorry, I messed up a bit.

(Taichi gives him a small punch on his arm.)

Taichi: Be careful next time.
Yamaguchi: (whines) Oh come on. It's just a friendly match!

(Taichi sits under a tree. He's drinking water. Koushiro joins him.)

Koushiro: Thanks for tagging me along.
Taichi: Oh come on! Stop being so formal. It wasn't any practice match. Even if it was a practice match... You're always welcome with us.
Koushiro: But... You were quite serious with your playmates.
Taichi: You know me, right?

(Koushiro grins. Taichi does the same.)

Taichi: (wistful) I've been wondering, how Agumon's doing now...
Koushiro: And Tentomon... and everyone else... (thinking about Tentomon)
Taichi: (tries to lighten up the mood) Congratulations on being the captain of the computer club!
Koushiro: Oh... It's not a big deal. Umm, arigatou gozaimasu. (feeling embarrassed, he tries to change the topic) Oh I've been mailing Gennai-san. He has grown younger.
Taichi: What? How is that possible?
Koushiro: He said it happened because he embedded a mysterious black ball in himself.
Taichi: Is it related to the reason why we gave our crests to him last year?
Koushiro: I thought our crests were taken to free the "Four Holy Beasts"... I don't know. He didn't give any details in the mail.

(Taichi brings his Digivice out of his pocket. He thinks about Agumon. Sighing, he puts the Digivice back into his pocket the next moment.)

Koushiro: I understand. We all miss them.
Taichi: You know, at times I can hear the sound of Hikari's whistle from my computer...
Koushiro: The one she gave to Tailmon? It's not the first time you're hearing this, right?
Taichi: Nope. It's not.
Koushiro: Does that mean... The Digimons are trying to communicate with us? Are they trying to tell us something?
Taichi: I don't know...The first time, it happened two years ago. In 1999, that day Agumon and I had a brief conversation. After that incident we met. Last year in time of defeating Diablomon and when we gave our crests to Gennai-san in May. These days, whenever I hear the sound of her whistle from any PC, dad's - one or mine - I try to check things out. But I can't connect my Digivice to it. The connection to the Digital World. It doesn't work anymore.
Koushiro: But Taichi-san, the Digivices aren't supposed to be able to open a gate to the Digital World in the first place.
Taichi: But it happened two years ago. The screen reacted before the Digivice. The gate didn't exactly open up though. What are you thinking, Koushiro?
Koushiro: I've been wondering. What does "adding another layer to the Digital World" mean. Fully revitalizing the Digital World with a protective barrier... (his words trailed off) Last year when Gennai-san took our crests, what was the distortion anyway? I mean... the Digital World... I've gotta ask him about these in details...
Taichi: You didn't ask him?
Koushiro: He said that we will know these things when the right time comes.