Over And Over

☾☆

"My little Saruhiko," [Name] muttered, staring at the newborn wrapped in a blanket in her arms. "I'm glad you got your father's eyes. They're really pretty."

Kei chuckled, leaning towards his wife.

"I think your eyes are still prettier than mine," he said.

"Nothing's prettier than your eyes," she said, not looking away from their son.

"I think you're biased on that."

"Maybe," [Name] said, smiling softly. "Oh look he yawned. His fingers are so cute."

The blond watched Saruhiko wrap his tiny hand around [Name]'s finger. His wife continued to smile at their son with Saruhiko giving her a closed eye smile in return.

"Kei, where are Kaori and Kaito?" [Name] asked, looking at her husband.

"Tadashi's on the way with them. They should arrive anytime soon."

The two suddenly heard a knocking before the door was opened and two young children walked in while being accompanied by their uncle.

"[Nickname], how are you?" Tadashi asked.

"A little tired but okay," she said.

"Mom!" the twins shouted.

[Name] smiled at the two, happy to see them. The young blonds ran to the side of the hospital bed and stood on their tiptoes to look at their younger brother.

"Saru's so cute!" Kaori said, her eyes almost sparkling with the happiness it held.

"His eyes are so pretty!" Kaito said, amazed.

"Told you so," [Name] said to Kei who only chuckled as a response.

"You only say that because you can't see how pretty yours are."

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Kei raised his head from his crossed arms that were on the bed. He looked at his wife who was, in turn, looking at Saruhiko who was asleep on his little bed that the hospital provided for now. Her eyes then drifted to the twins who were fast asleep on one of the tufted benches inside the room. A soft smile was on her lips as she looked at the three of them.

"You should be resting," Kei said.

"How can I sleep when I'm being surrounded by the people I love the most," [Name] said, placing her hand over one of Kei's. "Thank you."

"For what?" he asked.

"For everything. For this life I have now. For our family. For choosing me."

The blond stood up from the small stool he was and took a seat beside his wife. He gently wrapped his arms around her, careful not to hurt her since she just recently tired herself out from giving birth.

"I should be the one thanking you. Without you, a lot of this wouldn't even be how it is right now," he said, pulling away from the hug after he finished talking.

"Alright, let's share the credit," [Name] said, smiling while her hand was on his cheek.

Kei placed his hand over hers and gave a kiss to her palm-- leaning on it afterward while facing her.