0 2 | a n g e r

Song of the chapter: Crying in the Club by Camila Cabello

☙❦❧

REESE stayed quiet.

"You're telling me you saw her in this school? This exact school? The school that we are currently in? The school tha–"

"Yes you doofus!" Alessandra hissed as she slapped Riley on the back of the head.

Reese shot a grateful smile her way and she gave him one back. "Thank you," he said with a sigh. "I don't know how much longer before I would've punched him in the face."

Riley scowled at them and rolled his eyes. "Well I'm sorry for being so dramatic, but I really didn't expect this news," he responded, gesturing his hands around them. Alessandra nodded her head.

"I wasn't expecting it either to be honest," she mumbled under her breath, a little bit annoyed with what she was told.

Reese looked at her with a frown and a sigh escaped his lips. Bringing a hand around her waist, he brought her closer to him so she was sidled up right beside him. She jumped at the action before looking at him in confusion.

"You are still my best friend, and the girl I get to kiss," he stated pointedly with a small smile. Her lips turned up and she giggled while Riley gagged.

"Ew get a room already," he joked.

Alessandra grabbed a fry and threw it at Riley, which he caught in his mouth with ease. "Thanks for the free food babe," he said with a wink.

"Stop joking around guys," Reese finally said as the air of fun slowly faded out. "Why is she back? And why is she in this school? Shouldn't she be at Le Viour?" he bitterly questioned as his eyes roamed the cafeteria for her presence.

That was his first mistake.

He told himself that he would stop looking for her in a crowd of people, and that's the first thing he did. Fuck.

Seeing how much distress he was in, Alessandra sighed. "We can't answer those questions for you Reese," she sadly said. "The only person who can answer those questions is the one person you don't want to be friends with anymore."

Riley nodded. "She's not wrong about that dude and you know it. I'm just confused because you always seemed to still care for her and you finally see her and you want nothing to do with her?"

Reese looked at him with a glare.

"Just stating an obvious fact," he replied, putting his hands up in surrender.

Alessandra grabbed Reese's chin and forced him to turn her way. "Ignore this idiot over here," she started off, sending an annoyed stare Riley's way. "He may be right, but it's okay if you want nothing to do with her anymore. It's for the best. You can move on. You know she's okay and not dead in a ditch somewhere, you know she's safe so you can move on."