Chapter 3: Talking

No one's POV:

"So, ribbit, how have you been? We hardly spoke ever since we moved into the dorms." Asui squatted down like a frog, her back against the wall.
"I'm doing good, how about you?" Tokoyami sat next to her.

"Good as well, I've been missing my family though." She says while looking down on the floor with her blank expression.
"O-oh, are you able to keep in touch with them at least?"

"Yeah." She turned her head to face him.
"What about you Tokoyami-Kun? How's your family?" Silence filled the air for a moment.
"I don't have a family."
"O-oh, I'm sorry." She looked back down, this time with a bit of guilt to her expression.

"It's okay." Again, silence filled the air. Neither of them didn't know what to say afterwards. Few minutes had passed and Asui decided to speak.
"So how's your internship with Hawks?" Tokoyami looked up. He sighed before speaking.

"It's going well. How about you?"
"It's going great, ribbit. It's good to have Ochaco-Chan with me too."
"At least you have one of your friends with you, I'm all by myself." Asui looked up to Tokoyami. Her phone light has been on him ever since the lights went out. She noticed that he's been squinting because of the light.

"Is the light too bright?"
"No, not really."
"Oh okay. Do you sleep with the lights on?" Tokoyami looked at Asui.
"Only my dark night lights. The lights in the ceiling are too bright for Dark Shadow."
"So you keep the night lights on for him to be out and less harmless?" Tokoyami nodded. Asui put her index finger on her chin.

"That makes sense. I also sleep with the lights on, the dark can be a bit scary for me, ribbit."
"Ohh okay." He smiled, it was a soft one. Asui saw it.
"You should smile more often. It's really nice." Tokoyami's eyes widened a bit in surprise.
"R-really?" He stared into her frog like eyes.
"Of course!" She smiled back, eyes closed and tongue poking out. Tokoyami was still staring at her and the smile came back on his face.

"Thank you, Tsuyu." Her eyes opened.
"No problem." She looked at her phone to check the time. It was almost 7:30 pm.
"What time is it?"
"Ribbit, it's currently 7:28 pm. I'm surprised Dark Shadow hasn't attempted to come out. Maybe the light is too bright after all." She was about to dim the light until the elevator started moving. The lights flickered on, making the two teens flinch slightly. They both noticed how close they were sitting next to each other and quickly looked away from one another. Tokoyami's hand was so close to Asui. She stood up and held a hand out to help Tokoyami get up. He grabbed her hand and got up.

"Thank you, Tsuyu." He looked down and noticed their hands still intertwined together. Asui looked down as well. They just stood there, staring at their hands until the elevator doors opened. They both look up and let go of each other's hands. Tokoyami stepped out first, then Asui did the same.
"I'm going to take the stairs from now on."
"Good idea." Asui was heading for the stairs until she turned back to ask Tokoyami a question.
"Um Tokoyami-Kun, can I ask you something? Ribbit."