Chapter 7

-authors pov

e/c colored orbs trailed a male wearing a detective hat. the man however, didn't seem bothered by y/n's intense gaze as he smiled at her with closed eyes. "port mafia eh?" he exclaimed coming closer to y/n. she immediately stiffened, ready to strike if any harm was to come to her.

the man leaned into her face with his index finger and thump on his chin."hmmm not bad..." he said as y/n finally got a glimpse of his eyes. green. 'like emeralds' she thought. "oi! kunikida-kunnn! what am i supposed to do with her?" he moved back and questioned the male with a pony tail all while turning back to him.

y/n remembered him from the day her squad received their first mission. she tched making eye contact with him. "interrogate her and get some information as to what the port mafia is up too. with your super deduction of course" he said pushing his glasses up as light shined on them. after that he walked out of the safe room.

the shorter detective turned back to y/n with his hands never coming out of his pockets. he made an annoyed expression and sat down in front of her. "so tiresome..." he muttered to himself. he then grabbed a pair of glasses from his pocket and put them on. as he did that his eyes shone green.

"who are you?"

"l/n y/n, a junior at port mafia" y/n answered truthfully.

"is it true that the presidents and kunikida-kun's conversation was recorded?"

"yes"

"for what"

"we just wanted some tea sis" y/n shrugged. ranpo glared at her. y/n mirrored his glare with more intensity.

"how may people have you killed?"

"8"

"you're lying"

"maybe"

ranpo hunched back and took off his glasses. "kunikida-kun! i'm done!!!" ranpo said and stood up. kunikida walked into the room. "what have you deduced then ranpo-san?" he inquired.

"you're conversation with president was indeed recorded. but it was just a show. port mafia doesn't carelessly carry that important missions out. she won't tell me why this was done but her words gave it away. they want to recruit some of our gifted. all they wanted was some intel about the abilities the armed detective agency holds. it's a win win for them as they'll be able to come up with some plan to defeat us or use our member's situations or consciences to force them into joining port mafia, and the fabrication helps them by letting us think that they're gonna attack. it's easier to win over people when they're in panic or afraid. you guys underestimate the detective agency young woman" ranpo finished looking at y/n straight in the eyes with a smirk.

instead of looking shocked or surprised she laughed. "you sure are good detective but i was very much aware of what i was saying" she said as ranpo slightly jumped at her reaction. "that is scary accurate thought, good job." she smiled at the older male as he quickly recovered from the surprise and smiled back. "i am never wrong for i am the best detective in japan- no wait the world!" he said pointing to himself which made y/n chuckle more.

"stop laughing" ranpo demanded as his mood dropped.

y/n laughed even louder.

the emerald orbed male pouted and turned over his heel. "hmph! i've got better things to do" he said and walked out leaving the girl with kunikida. "i suppose you'll let me go now? these ropes are really painful" she said tugging on the binds that kept her in place.

"not so fast, you're to be taken hostage until the port mafia decides to do something about it" he said pushing up his glasses as y/n sighed. "yare yare ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) i was really hoping i didn't have to do this" she said jerking her head up, her e/c eyes glowing at kunikida as the ropes on her wrists and ankles fell off. she stood up and titled her head at the male as shadows covered her eyes and her smile became something twisted. kunikida gasped as he immediately took out his notebook. god knows how she untied herself in that little time.

"doppo (....¿)! (IM SO SORRY I FORGOT SUIDBBDU)" kunikida said as a page from his notebook turned into a pistol. he grabbed it and shot at y/n who activated her ability and out ran all the bullets. she then proceeded to run past kunikida and out the door.

as she was passing by him to the exit she slowed down enough to let him see her smirk but not enough for her to catch him. she kept running and running until she could feel the sun in her face. escaping was too easy. at least for her. maybe they let her get away, who knows. y/n looked at a nearby shops clock 'they kept me hostage for a day?!'

-meanwhile

"oi chūya-kun! have you seen l/n?" dazai said flicking chūya's forehead as a tick mark appeared on it. "how would i know shitty dazai?! get lost!" he yelled at the chocolate brown haired male and went back to reading his newspaper. "huhhh... i haven't seen her all day. i wonder where she is..." dazai said tapping her chin.

"i saw her leaving the building yesterday, maybe she's spending time with her significant other or her family" chūya said knowing fully that the idea of y/n having a lover would strike dazai hard. and it did.

"a significant other?! she never said something of the sort!" dazai exclaimed clearly upset as chūya slightly smirked. "well i'm pretty sure she's the type of person to keep her personal life to herself" chūya commented as dazai sighed sadly. "my bella dona..." he muttered half playfully half sadly as chūya tched, his grip tightening on the newspaper.

y/n having a lover kinda pissed him off too but dazai pissed him off more.

"ok if you're done whining gET OUT!" chūya said crumbling the newspaper up and throwing it dazai. "ugh fine fine you bastard." dazai said catching the ball of paper that was thrown at him and stood up to walk out. "do the lolita expression first" he said and glanced back at chūya. chūya rolled his eyes and stood up.

he inverted his knees bending them a bit and looked at dazai with stars in his eyes.

"get out before i shove your bandages down your throat~" he said in a cutesy tone. dazai gave a thumbs up with a spark in his eyes and walked out slamming the door behind him. he paused for a bit in the hallway lost in thought.

"are you even the type to love l/n?"