Continuing Story 5

"Why are you staring at me?"

Claude, feeling my persistent gaze, finally opened his mouth and ask as if he were impatient.

"Just...."

I dropped my gaze on the cake in front of me as if it was nothing. I thought I was being natural, but it wasn't in Claude's eyes.

When I looked up again, I could see that his eyebrows were slightly raised. Oops, our eyes met. I have no choice but to smile at him with an innocent look on my face.

No, I said I'd look at my dad's face!

Well, in fact, I've been having trouble with Claude lately because I've been showing up on my own recently. But is it impossible for me to do that, huh?

"I'm just looking at my dad because he is so cool."

"My face has always been the same, but I ask you why your behavior is so periodically suspicious."

Oh, that's weird? What am I doing?

"When did I do anything suspicious?"

"A month ago, you ran to me all of a sudden and made a fuss like it was a reunion after 10 years."

Oh, that was when I went inside a strange book at Topaz Palace. No, I had a reason back then! Of course I can't tell you, you big bloke.

Anyway, when Claude pointed out what had happened, he suddenly had nothing to say. Well, it must have been absurd for him.

"I've always been a little fond of you, so......."

"A person must have uniformity."

"You want to get consistent affection from me, Father?"

"You're as consistent as you are in your embarrassment."

Eyy, thank you for the compliment. Not! What a shame to a cute daughter that looks like a rabbit! I'm sure there'll be many more cute expressions!

In my opinion, Claude was equally formidable. Okay, let's hold hands together and be friendly.

So after having the usual chaste tea time with Claude I left Garnett Palace.

Did I suddenly see Claude's face in my dream last night? That's unusual? It suddenly came to mind. In fact, that's the reason why I've been staring at Claude lately.

Since I was young, I have often dreamed of Diana, my mother. It was mainly when I told Claude, 'I miss my mom', but sometimes I saw Diana in my dreams for no particular reason.

Perhaps it is the times that Claude miss Diana intensely, that's what I'm guessing.

Claude didn't tell me much about her, so I used to ask people around instead.

Each time, they told me that Diana was a beautiful, friendly, free person.

"Felix, my mom was really pretty, wasn't she?"

"Yes, she was as beautiful as the princess."

"I think my dad and mom would have gotten along so well."

"I don't know about that, but you two got along well."

When I asked Felix, who was walking behind me, he answered my sudden questions truthfully.

I grinned at his words.

In fact, I felt a little strange.

The reason I paid more attention to Claude than usual was because of my dreams, as I've said earlier. But more precisely, the image of Diana in his dream was blurry than it was before.