Chapter 14

"Now as to how we are going get them off this planet. I think we should give them a bit of a scare. I believe that's worked a few times before," The Doctor suggests, pacing around the console.

Sam nods. "Maybe, but they did seem to like Y/N a lot, maybe she could try convincing them again?"

"I suppose, she would have to go on her own though, and I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that...

Never mind I do know, and it certainly is not something I am comfortable with her doing by herself," He shakes his head and then continues to pace, anxious with the thought.

"What are our other options then Doctor? Try to chase them away and risk them getting angrier? I know you deal with this kind of thing on the daily and I don't- sort of, aliens and monsters don't seem all that different -but I'm stumped, and you look like you're pretty stumped too. Besides Clara hasn't said anything yet which most likely means she doesn't have any useful ideas. The only things that I can think of that have a high chance of working involves Y/N. So it's either she does something that'll work or we do something that probably won't. It's your call."

The Doctor huffs and folds his arms across his chest, he turns away from Sam and glares at the console. "Doctor,"

"Yes, Clara? Have you come up with an idea?" He looks in her direction hopefully, she just shakes her head.

"Sam's right. Y/N is the only one here who's actually talked to the Sclararins as well as the Sclararin leader. The best thing to do is to have her talk to them." She stares at him gazing at his troubled expression. The Doctor then scrunches his face, eyebrows furrowed.

"I am not risking her life again,"

"But Doct-"

"No! There are no buts! She has already risked her life enough! I am not letting her go! If she gets killed and really can't regenerate again-" he stops yelling and his cheeks become damp with tears. "-If she dies, there's nothing left. There's no going forward. If she dies, I can't- I, I can't-" The Doctor slams his palms against the console. Again and again. Sam and Clara were deathly silent, the only sound reverberating around the room were the loud metallic thumps of the console being hit.
______________________

The TARDIS door opens and Dean and Y/N strut in. Y/N hands the sonic back to her husband. "Well, it seems as though they've scurried off to the Southern hemisphere, most likely hovering over either Australia or New Zealand."

Y/N then notices The Doctor's red, damp face and shoots him a concerned look, he gives her a tight-lipped smile. "Thanks, darling, you're brilliant." He walks over and hugs her tight burying his face in her neck.

"Are you alright?" She whispers in his ear, he shifts his chin onto her shoulder and nods.

"I'll tell you later." He murmurs back.

"Ok, love," They pull apart from each other gently and The Doctor grasps Y/Ns hand. "So. Have we got the second part of the plan finished yet?" Y/N asks squeezing her husband's hand.

"Yes- No" Sam and The Doctor speak in unison. The Doctor glares at Sam.

"Okay? So which one is it? Yes or no?" Dean questions.

Both The Doctor and Sam go to answer but Clara beats them to it. "That all depends on Y/N, if she decides to do it, regardless of The Doctor's reluctance then we do have one, if she doesn't then we don't," she answers.

"What does the plan need me to do?" Y/N asks.

This time The Doctor speaks, his voice low. "They want you to talk to the Sclararin leader on your own,"

"I see. Well, I believe that we're still on for croissants, I'll just have to change the lunch date to today, as well as bring the croissants," She says, The Doctor gulps and looks at her worriedly.

"You're going to do it?" He asks timidly, voice cracking as he speaks.

Y/N looks at Sam, Dean and Clara, then turns to The Doctor holding both of his hands in hers.

"I'm doing it."