chapter 7

I threw my coffee cup away as everyone headed out the doors. We just had a team meeting before heading out. I guess I am a part of that now. It's been a few weeks since the dinner at the boys' condo. I've been over a few more times to hang out with the girls, and other times the girls and I went out for some shopping and day drinking.

Tomorrow we are heading out for our first away game of the season. I am to take pictures of the team as they are heading onto the busses while in their business attire. I hope to share these with fans in hopes of getting them excited about the road trips. I'm not sure how the majority male population will like it, but I know that sharing the team all dressed up and heading out will show more of a fan base love compared to the regulated media that just posts stats from the games.

My pictures have yet to be used by the media man. I've met him once. All I can say is that he is a big ol' dick. Very much an asshole. I let myself take a breath as I got to my little office area with my equipment and laptop. I can only bring the essentials. We have three away games in a row and we are able to be on the team busses for the entirety of it. I heard a few guys moan and groan when coach told them that. Minus the gear for each player, they have limited the bags to one duffle or a small carry on per player or staff member. Not sure how I will pack for this since I have more of an opportunity to wear actual clothes compared to the players who have their designated player and team jackets and whatnot.

A few days ago I was able to babysit Baylor while Molly and Frederick went out for a night. I think they really enjoyed it seeing as when I dropped Baylor off the next morning, Molly looked flushed. I didn't question anything and just made sure to give her a big smile when I greeted her at the front door. Frederick soon came to join us while she made Baylor breakfast and insisted I had a cup of coffee. He said Molly's Italian roasted beans are the best. They are good, I'm just not THAT into coffee like they seems to be. When Frederick first saw me he gave me a small wave and then realized he wasn't wearing anything but his boxers and went back to grab some shorts and a shirt. Molly apologized but I told her not to. She needed every second she could get.

The girls and I are heading out for dinner tonight at a new place that opened up last week. Lots of people have been rating it online as the best comfort food anyone could imagine. On top of that, they have a great drink menu with great deals.

I made sure to grab the cameras, lenses, and anything else I could possibly imagine I would desperately need and packed it in my "gear" duffle that I am allowed to have. I get to keep this one beside me the whole time though.

Someone knocked on my door and I turned to see Eddie. I smiled at him and waved him in. "Hey, Eddie."

"Hey, Zo." Eddie and I have gotten closer since the beginning of all this. He keeps trying to pick up lines on me and even though they are terribly cheesy, I give him the benefit of the doubt most of the time. He has a good heart. "What are your plans for the day?"

"Not much. I just have dinner with the girls tonight. We're trying that new place-- Polly's I think it is." He nodded and looked around at some of the pictures I had actually printed out. A few of them are from my pee-wee days. I still get offers, but I'm too busy here. Henry wants me taking pictures of anything and everything.

"What are you doing before that?" I turned to him and gave him a smirk. He grinned at me fully knowing I know his motives.

"Why do you ask, Eddie?" He shrugged and continued smiling at me. Eddie is quite the looker with his sandy blond hair and dazzling blue-green eyes. He is also fit for being a player, and the scruff he has going is working wonders for his face shape.

"Want to hang out?" I nodded and playfully pushed him. "I'll take that as a yes, come on." He interlaced our fingers and led me to his jeep. I hopped into the passenger seat and buckled up. "Anything in particular you would like to do?"