14. Guilty Feelings

“I want you to do more than this.”

Delilah Walton

I became erratic after that night Theodor Aldrich kissed me suddenly. The touch of his lips was so gentle that even I could feel myself losing my mind just imagining it over and over again. It's feels so weird. I should have kicked Theo or slapped his face because he dared to kiss me on the lips. But why do I like it?

Since that night passed, the next morning I woke up when the sun hit half of my face. I'm still sleepy in bed, squinting around the room as I realize I have to get up because this isn't my own home. I'm still living at the Griffin Maverick house.

Then I got out of bed and went to take a shower. Last night's incident made my head still feel dizzy because I'm not used to doing that. After I took a shower, I walked towards the living room and saw several people as bodyguards gathered talking about something. I also saw Theo was there. Griffin then came over while carrying something in his hand. It was in the form of a large bag that I could not guess what was in it. It seemed Theo had already told Griffin about that night happened. Maybe they already have other plans?

As I approached them, Griffin dismissed everyone and only Theo was left in front of me. I don't know what they are planning.

"Hi, morning Del," said Griffin with a smiling face at me. "Did you sleep well?"

I just nodded changing my answer to him. Then my eyes fell on Theodor. He just kept quiet and didn't glance at me at all. Ouh, did he lose his memory after that night kissing me?

Griffin had left his breakfast. He walked into a room and called one of the workers to hand something over. While I looked back at Theo, so curious why he didn't look at me?

I moved to pull him into one of the rooms on the lower floor. He looks shocked when I lock the door and tuck the key in my cleavage. Theo steps up to snatch the keys from me. But he did not dare to take it.

"Are you crazy? What if someone sees us?" He becomes cowardly.

I wonder, what's wrong with him today?

"No one will see us. We have to talk."

"What?”

"Why did you kiss me last night?" The question may have stunned him a bit but I had to come up with a plausible reason why Theo kissed me that night. "You weren't drunk last night, right?"

"You said you didn't mind and liked it, but why are you asking me now as if I forced you?"

"I was just wondering why you kissed me?" I looked down when I asked that. 

"I don't know why either. I just did it because ...." he looked at me closer. I could feel his breath on my skin. "I might care about you."

"Okay, that's all?" My eyes dared to stare at him closely. Then he stepped forward to grab my waist. Now I can feel his hands encircling my hips.

He didn't say anything more. Just touching a few strands of my hair that fell covering some of my cheeks. Then he tucked it behind my ear. I would lose my mind every time he touched my skin. Then he looked at something at my neck.

"Damnit, the strangulation wound on your neck still hasn't gone?" he whispered.

My hands started touching the bruises. Last night before I went to sleep, I smeared it with some ointment and medicine. But it does take time to heal. I had no idea that the bruise would come back to Theo's attention.

"Oh, it will heal in a few days." I said hoping he wasn't so worried about it anymore.

"Does it still hurt?" His fingers stroked the cheek on my face.

"Hmm... it doesn't really hurt."

"Can I treat your wound?"

“But I have smeared it with ointment.”

"You may become cured in my way."

I don't understand what that means. But suddenly Theo kissed the bruised part of my neck, so gently that I closed my eyes and didn't feel the pain.

So this is how he treated my wounds.

"Do you still mind if I do something like this?" He whispered around my ear and his body still kept locking me. "Del?"

"Umm—"

I couldn't answer because he kept kissing my neck left and right alternately. Until I can see my own face from the mirror in front of me. My hands moved around his neck. Then he looked into my eyes which were fixated in his touch.

"I want you to do more than this," I said, which might subconsciously mislead everything.

Theo stays away from me. He let go of everything that has been driving me crazy. Then he grabbed his hair in a bit of frustration. Did I say the wrong thing?

"Theo?"

"Sorry, Del, we shouldn't have done this," he said.

“What?” I frowned. "I'm sure this isn't the first time you've done this to me!"

"I didn't want to do it, I made a mistake."

"So you're saying... what you did to me just now was meaningless?"

"I am sorry."

He then came back to me and snatched the key to this room from my cleavage. Oh god, he was so brave. 

When he opened the door, someone was already standing outside the room. I saw he was Griffin and Theo looked tense looking at him.

"Are you guys all right?" Griffin asked us.

"Yeah, we’re good. I have to go." Theo said then he just left without saying where he was going.

Griffin chased after him.

I'm still grappling with confusion over Theo's behavior earlier. I still don't really understand why he had to apologize when he kissed me. Actually I still don't know how he feels about me all this time. Doesn't he have that slight feeling for me?

 Doesn't he have that slight feeling for me?