THE SHOCK

"Draco Malfoy! He is the CEO of the multi billion company, Malfoy Enterprises and he owns a chain of 5-star hotels including this one!" Hermione nearly spat out all the champagne she was drinking. Esme smirked and grinned widely. Leo and Ashley glanced at Hermione and asked, "Mom, isn't that Dad?" Hermione's lips curled up into a small smile and said to her children, "Yes, let's have some fun. Dad's coming later so don't say anything just yet."

                                         "Is your fiancé coming?" Hermione asked.Esme glared and her and replied, "No, he's on a business trip right now." Hermione's mother was livid and she looked ready to pounce but she was restrained by her husband.

                                           Just then, Cecilia ran into the room, out of breath. "...Draco....Malfoy....at the ......lobby...asking for the...... Granger Family Reunion" Uncle Richard, who was not in on Esme's nasty plan asked, "Didn't you say he was on a business trip?" Esme's smile faltered and replied that he was here to surprise her.

                                          Suddenly, Draco Malfoy walked through the door, intending to find his wife and children, but instead, got ambushed by Esme. "Darling Drakie-poo, I thought you are on a business trip!" Draco scanned the crowd to find his wife smirking at him. "Who are you?""I'm your fiancée, Esme! You proposed to me a week ago!" By now, Esme was already very desperate and knew that the game was over. "Excuse me, I have a wife and kids and i am married, much less to you!" 

                                          "Who is your wife?" Draco smirked and walked past Esme, towards Hermione and kissed her passionately on the lips. They kissed for a few more moments before Scorpius broke the silence. "Daddy!" "Hi squirt!" Draco ruffled his hair and lifted him onto his shoulders.

                                             "YOU MARRIED THE BEAVER??? But why? She is so ugly!!" Esme screamed in anger. Draco's eyes narrowed and snarled with dripping venom, "Don't you dare call my wife ugly again, if so, I will personally make sure you will never get employed anywhere." Esme, Cecilia and Mia gulped in fear and nodded furiously.

                                            From that incident at the reunion, Hermione's extended family learnt to never underestimate her. Now, she was no longer the buck-toothed bookworm she once was

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: vote and comment, please! It means so much to me!!!!