Dead?

I didn't mean it to go this far, I was never a criminal in my previous life, and what I had said a long time ago was just the spur of the moment, and I was really frustrated from getting inside the walls of this other country's town, a way I don't want to remember. I was just being angry, I didn't mean to actually hurt people's lives, but before I knew it, I had become greedy, taken more then I should, and needed. I'm not saying that I regret it, but I am sorry.

Before I knew it, I had transform from a petty thief, into a known lone bandit by the age of 10. The way I manipulated my magic aloud me to steal on bigger scales, I had become a threat, supposedly, and maybe it was true, but who knows.

Why I say this now, after all the stealing I've done, well that relates to the fact that when I passed the streets of a town called Baulberr, I had notice something from underneath my head hidden under the old raggedy cloak that I stole off a merchant a while back when I hitched a ride in the back of his cart, where he had his goods, without his, and his intimidating guards notice.

There on the wall was a flapping page, moved by the strong winds, and on the page was a face I was familiar with but not accustomed to, my face, well, the new one I adorned.

I stared at it, that is before I heard a soft scuttling beside to the opposite direction I was walking to, it was guards.

I ripped the page off the wall swiftly but not too fast, that I'd alarm the guards, I took the same pace, going into a back alleyway.

I looked at it, it obviously didn't exactly look like me, but that's because it was a flat drawing of me, but it resemble me.

I was a little surprised that they deemed me worthy enough of 20 zen, this countries currency, the one I had moved to Artisin, it equaling to around 2,000$, well in USA currency, where I was born first, then in this new world where I was born in Salin.

Maybe I was bit surprised that I was a wanted criminal, as I thought I was discreet, well at least for the past 8-9 years.

I blended in well, I even the language well, it was grueling learning it, because there was no one there to converse and practice the use of words, so I opted to talking to myself in this language, and studying others that used the language.

But you probably say why can't I just go back to my original country? Well, the security is something else, well more like a stinging barrier, one I couldn't break, as it was above my skill level, I had tried to gain their attention, but they were aggressive, even threw a sword at me, would have hit me if the barrier wasn't there. They cursed at me, and let me tell you, their way of cursing is much more filthy than english's way of cursing.

But I digress, the page was important for the fact that I finally had it really sink in, I was a wanted criminal, and I had to be more careful, and I felt sorry as well, I had fooled myself in thinking that I needed to do this, even though I could of ran errands for money, do any odd job; but now I ruined any chance of me getting a job, as now it seemed people knew my face.

I walked through the alleyway, and into a busy street of people, I crumble the sheet of paper and dropped it to the floor. As I walked I walked evenly trying to walk their pace, so not to arouse suspicion, but it had to really happen this way after I said that I needed to be more stealthy.

I had tripped on the odd rock, a rock on a road with no other rocks, and the wind blew, blew much harsher in that second, and blew the old hood off my head, my face almost face planting into the floor if I hadn't placed my fore arms in front of me.

"Are you ok, child," a male voice had said.

I instinctively looked up, maybe it was then when I realized my mistake.

There was a male monster, he had gold colored eyes, and Pastel blue fur, he seemed to be a rat of some kind.

I could see in his eyes, as they lit up with recognition.

"Hey, kid follow," he said, as he outstretched his hand in a kind gesture, but his eyes looked hungry, like a greed.

I froze, but I quickly unfroze pulled up my hood, and stood up bolting, as I ran through the ground.

"Guards that's the kid who's been stealing from towns," the rat guy yelled.

I heard thumping, and a gruff sounding female yelled, "OUT OF THE WAY."

I didn't think that they'd catch me, as I was fast, especially for a 10 year old, because when I felt my hood being pulled back, and it wrapped fighting around the front of my neck, and I fell backwards.

"Tch, it really is a kid; but it doesn't matter, you can't escape justice," the gruff female voice said, a female from what I could tell from my disoriented fall backwards, had a iron helmet, and the back of her head protruded a blood red ponytail, that blew elegantly, yet in a intimidating manner.

She quickly grabbed me by the wrist, but I wasn't caught that easily, I took this opportunity to use a special trick that few could do, I teleported out her grasp and started to run for it again, but just as quickly I was caught, but this time, I felt a sharp pang, to the back of my head, and I felt as if the world crumbled into a deep darkness, as words muffled, even the loud yelling, and the frighten shrieks of the bystanders, as despair set deep in me, I couldn't die this way! But I fell into that silent darkness.