⭐⭐Introduction and Praise⭐⭐

Hello, and welcome to Dreamland Workshop. My name is Cross, the head-admin of the account. If you are trying to decide if this club is for you, we have a short introduction of the club along with a list of pros and cons. Following that, we have praise from our members. If this club does not interest you but you do want to join a club, we point you to our others. You can either look at their pages or head to Dreamland Community, where we have a more extensive explanation of each club along with the pros and cons list in a chapter called Book Club Guide.

That said, here is your introduction to Dreamland Workshop!

Introduction:

Important beginning note: stories must have 10+ chapters to join.  This club updates every two weeks. We place you in a pairing, though you can select to be part of more than one pairing. When we update, we place an inline comment for conversation to start, then the rest is up to you. You guys say you are there and ready to begin, you guys report to us if people aren't doing as they are supposed to, you just... You guys are a mini-critique pair which we form and enforce. You must leave 5+ inlines and a 6 sentence outline comment per chapter. You and your partner decide how much to read per week. You stay with this partner until one of you finishes or one of you asks to leave the pairing/club. Outside of your partnership work, there is also a Chosen Book, which is like book of the biweek, where almost everyone has to read a single chapter from this book. You choose when you sign up if you will participate in Chosen Book. If not, you do not have to do it, but you cannot be Chosen Book.

Pros: You are with a pairing where both of you are dedicated to reading and growing your stories over the course of your stay in Workshop. You are given a lot of control and are left alone for the most part as long as you communicate effectively with your partner. You can vary how much you read as long as you speak with your partner. We do our best to put you with a partner we believe you will fit well with.

Cons: We aren't always right about you fitting well with a partner. Sometimes there are sprees where we try to create a pairing for someone and their partner just keep ditching. If we cannot find a match for you, you can be in the waiting list for a decently long time.

Praise:

MoniTheTigerEmpress: The thing I love the most about Dreamland Workshop is how it is very feedback based and is aimed for those who want to improve and find faults within their works. I just enjoy how this club is focused on pairing people up and only repairing them when they go through each others whole book. I love the flexibility of partners picking how many chapters they will read for each other and what they want each other to focus on and such. I think that is very beneficial to everyone. Communication is also key when it comes to this club like other clubs.

Laentheon: The Dreamland Community Workshop has really helped me improve especially when it comes to noticing those annoying little typos which, no matter how many times you reread the passage in question, you still manage to miss. I would highly recommend joining not only for all the help but also the nice people you will meet!

 : Being a writer is tougher than I thought and being in a community who helps and guides you will help a lot! We pull each other up and in every challenge faced, there will certainly be people who are willing to help you in every way they can. Joining the clubs in dreamland could be very helpful for you so join us!

stxr_light00: I have recently joined this club. But it has been a really good experience so far. People are divided into groups of three. It really helps to work on your book as people follow your story throughout. And people are really friendly, I have already been friends with my group mates. And also I wanted to mention but didn't know where to, people should join the discord! It's super fun.

EmmaConnolly379: This was the first club I joined when I discovered the dreamland community and it has been invaluable in helping me write and edit my book! My partners are delving into later chapters, something that takes an age to reach in a normal bookclub, and it has helped me keep an eye of consistency, timelines, plot holes - not to mention the in depth reviews of each chapter! I highly recommend joining this club if you're a writer that would like help improving/reviewing your work and enjoys helping others with theirs!

_huckleberry: Workshop is the intensive. You follow a book from beginning to the end and really can get into the world to give and receive high caliber feedback. It also treats its members like adults which I love - it's like a mini club for each group and you can modify the rules and do what works best for your team - it's really fantastic.